The Student Room Group

Any KUMON students out here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yumna89
Oh God, I feel silly :frown:.
I understand the entire thing, but I still don't understand where is the 3 coming from? How did they get 3?

All they've done is that they've noticed that

x+1=x2+3 x+1=x-2+3

They're exactly equal but the new expression is easier to work with as there is an x2 x-2 in the denominator.

Original post by majmuh24
The 3 is the remainder, you can't simplify it any more so you're just left with 3/(x-2).

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the example shown polynomial division wasn't used. I believe the example was posted in a picture a few pages back.
Reply 81
Original post by majmuh24
The 3 is the remainder, you can't simplify it any more so you're just left with 3/(x-2).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks a million. I get it now :smile:.
Reply 82
Original post by ThatPerson
All they've done is that they've noticed that

x+1=x2+3 x+1=x-2+3

They're exactly equal but the new expression is easier to work with as there is an x2 x-2 in the denominator.

In the example shown polynomial division wasn't used. I believe the example was posted in a picture a few pages back.

Ah ok, yes u right it was shown earlier. Ok, thanks a million. I understand it now. Sorry for all the trouble.
Reply 83
Did you do Kumon reading level I?
Well Kumon Is Actually really nice, Im level L in Math and Finished Reading and I'm in year 7 it helped me get really good the worksheets are helpful and in english it helps you with comprehension(Shakspeare, etc), I'm doing calculus right now and dont think I would've gotten there without kumon!!
Level L in math
Reply 86
Im done maths K and reading K
At kumon one of the main things they try to teach their students is independent learning which can be very helpfull, but in the classroom if you have questions the instructor will still help you understand what you are doing. Threre are also examples every time you start a new type of exercise / unit. Ive been in Kumon around 3 years and already noticed a difference in my learning im also marking work now so i've beed taught some stuff about the business.
Reply 88
Hi, my son will be taking his gcse’s this year, is Kumon the right path to take? Have I left it too late?
Reply 89
I started when I was 5 I'm on lvl I right now gonna try and get to lvl O
Also is anyone here from kumon corstorphine
I did kumon from year 6-9. It helped a lot with maths but for specifically GCSE's I don't think it would help him as much now as there is a lot of GCSE content that kumon does not cover.

Original post by Roxy789
Hi, my son will be taking his gcse’s this year, is Kumon the right path to take? Have I left it too late?

Quick Reply

Latest