The Student Room Group

Has anyone else volunteered or worked at Kumon?

Hello all

I have contacted my local kumon about volunteering there, which I am told could lead to being paid work in the future, and they have told me to come in for a chat and a trial run.
Has anyone else worked/volunteered there? What was it like?
What will I be expected to do?
What am I supposed to wear?

Thanks in advance
Bump
Original post by ___Sophie___
Hello all

I have contacted my local kumon about volunteering there, which I am told could lead to being paid work in the future, and they have told me to come in for a chat and a trial run.
Has anyone else worked/volunteered there? What was it like?
What will I be expected to do?
What am I supposed to wear?

Thanks in advance

I worked at Kumon for almost a year. It was good, the kids I had pretty much always behaved themselves. It's not hard, you just follow their system which may take some time to get used to. I used to go straight from school so wore my (casual) Sixth Form clothes. You'll be marking homework and tests and helping kids if they get stuck. Best of luck and feel free to ask me any questions.
Original post by Edminzodo
I worked at Kumon for almost a year. It was good, the kids I had pretty much always behaved themselves. It's not hard, you just follow their system which may take some time to get used to. I used to go straight from school so wore my (casual) Sixth Form clothes. You'll be marking homework and tests and helping kids if they get stuck. Best of luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

Ok thank you :smile:
When she says she wants me to come in for a chat, do you think this means an interview?
Reply 4
what's the pay like for kumon?
Since you're acquainted with Kumon, I had a short inquiry. My question is, did you have to take an assessment when you initially started working in*Kumon to evaluate how much you knew? If so, what kinds of questions were included in the assessment?
Original post by Sandtrooper

Whats the assessment work like?
Original post by thebgradestudent
Whats the assessment work like?

What do you mean by assessment? Just marking?
Original post by Sandtrooper
What do you mean by assessment? Just marking?

No, I was talking about the test you take to become a class assistant.
Original post by thebgradestudent
No, I was talking about the test you take to become a class assistant.

Oh, I didn't have to take one when I was applying. My centre just looked at my GCSE grades and I had an A* in both English subjects and Maths, so they were fine with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending