De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU

why do people say DMU is a bad uni, its all over my fyp on TikTok
Original post by Anonymous
why do people say DMU is a bad uni, its all over my fyp on TikTok

Hi there @Anonymous - DMU here - hello! :colondollar:

I'd say, at least from my experience, that everyone is different when it comes to what's a 'good' University. Both in terms of how it's reputation is received, or, if it's the 'right' University to meet a student's needs.

For example: a University that's part of the Russell Group may be a 'lower' ranking or 'bad' University to someone considering and applying for Oxford or Cambridge. Someone else from a different background, with ambitions for Nursing, or Medicine, may see a purely Academic Institution as a 'poor' choice for their career ambitions. Another example would be a student interested in Software Engineering, would look for different Institutions, and have different opinions on 'good' and 'bad' than a student for Architecture. It really depends on what you want out of University!

We know that a lot of factors are important when considering the University - and new home in some cases - that you are going to study at for the foreseeable future! :redface:

Some of the factors that are typically considered to decide if a University is 'good' or not refer to the Ranking of a University (worldwide, out of UK Universities, or for a chosen subject) usually by the Times Higher Education Rankings, whether it is a part of the Russell Group, career prospects after graduation (our Award-Winning Careers Team might help with this one:biggrin:), Student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2023 may be of use here), and teaching standards (we recently were awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework:rolleyes:).

Here at DMU we endeavour to continually improve and build upon the resources, support, and experience that we offer. :smartass:
If you would like to check us out via our official platforms please find more about us here, or via our own socials, here: www.dmu.ac.uk/general/social-media-links.aspx

Any specific questions, or if you are interested in any of our courses, please do give us a bell!:bell:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 6 months ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending