The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Accommodation Advice

I have made keele university my firm choice for studying a law degree in September 2014 and now I'm currently looking at accommodation. I would've preferred an en-suite however this is at least £4600. Compared to the standard room with a wash hand basin being priced at least £3000. Band A is more likely to have less people sharing but doesn't say how many people. I have been in touch with the university and they suggested a shared flat of 4 but the room is without a WSB. is there any advice on the accommodation? I don't know whether it worth sharing with 4 people and losing the WSB or the possibility of sharing with more people and having the WSB. Also I haven't seen all of the accommodation only Lindsay hall. What are the other halls like?
Please and thank you for any help :smile:
Hi!!

At the moment I've got a washbasin band A room and next year I've been offered a premier en suite room.

This year the accommodation hasn't been that bad. I live in Lindsay hall and I share a kitchen and bathroom with 12 other students (it depends which block you are in you may share with more or less students than I do). Next year I'm sharing just a kitchen with 8 other students. If you want to you can go to the keele website and search for the floor plans of each hall in the search box they have all of them except lindsay court for some reason.

I understand what you are going through and I would recommend:

- Choose band A over band B because these rooms have been refurbished recently and are just generally nicer than band B.
- Choose washbasin over non washbasin. This is just a personal preference I like brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc in my own room. Plus if you want to save laundry money you can hand wash socks and other small items in the sink.
- Choose a hall over a flat. This is also a personal preference but I think its better for freshers because you have a better chance of meeting friends as you are around more people. Also the flats I have seen aren't as nice as the halls I have seen but of course this depends on which block you are put in.

As for en suite they're the best rooms in the university which means that they are in VERY high demand and very expensive. If you want to save money and don't mind sharing a bathroom then it might be best to choose a non en suite room.

I really hope I have helped answered your questions and if you have any more or need something clarifying then don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Samera
First year pharmacy student at Keele
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Quick Reply

Latest