The Student Room Group

Accomodation at uni

I've applied for university this year and I'm staying in standard accommodation. I was wondering are people allowed to stay over night in your room? My boyfriend isn't coming to the uni I have applied for but I'd like him to come and see me, would this be allowed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Chances are no. He can visit but they rarely allow anyone to stay overnight.
not allowed no but possible yes it's not like they go and knock on doors checking people have left your rooms by 11 O'clock or whatever.
Reply 3
Original post by Toria25
I've applied for university this year and I'm staying in standard accommodation. I was wondering are people allowed to stay over night in your room? My boyfriend isn't coming to the uni I have applied for but I'd like him to come and see me, would this be allowed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as he doesn't stay for too many nights in a row and doesn't cause a nuisance then yes its fine
Reply 4
Original post by Rooms
Chances are no. He can visit but they rarely allow anyone to stay overnight.

please tell me this was sarcastic?
It probably varies at different uni's but we were allowed people staying over in my halls, and I know of several people from other uni's who had overnight guests. On the whole, as long as your flatmates are ok with it, it's unlikely to be a problem :smile:
Depends on the uni. When I was in halls you could have visitors for 2 nights a week, but even this was rarely enforced - we had one person staying with us for about 10 days straight once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending