The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

rxbeef
at the end of the day, it's basically got to be "obviously". i mean, no offence but everybody seems to just like, stick it in all over the shop. I, personally speaking would say that if you were to bear with me, i could literally continue like this all day.

*ahem*

:eek: Vacuous mannerism overload! Brain... melting!
Reply 41
blackmores_heir
"to be fair..." grrr

Ooooh, I hate that too. Though I think I use it quite a lot.
rxbeef
[rant]ooooo and another one i despise is, "like". i'm guilty of it mind you, as is the vast majority of the teenage population.lol in msn conversations, especially funny when they're on webcam and you can see they are clearly not, "laughing out loud". rofl is possibly worse as you know that they aren't rolling around on the floor laughing. don't get me started on roflmfao. [/rant]

YOU GET ME!?

Ohhh I agree with 'like' and there's also 'sooooo' too its just like sooooo teen movie :wink: Since when do half of the UK's population live in California? xxx
Reply 43
"Random"

As in "whoa that guy was a total random", "that guy was totally random" and "that guy had a totally random sense of humour".

Oh, and "totally". That one really pisses me off.

"Sound" in the slang context. "That random was totally sound."

Furthermore: "ye wot?"

"Ye wot? That random was totally sound."
"Innit."
I hate it when people pointlessly insert words like "like," "I guess" and "sooo" into their sentence. It adds nothing to the sentence and makes the speaker sound really unsure.

However, I guess I'm like, sooo guilty of this.

(why is there always a pause after 'like'?)

Grrr just reading this thread makes me mad because it reminds me of all the inane things people always say.

I also really hate it when people say "you know what I mean?"
Reply 45
'chat'

"he's got some good chat"

and also saying yes followed by no...

"yeah, no..."

and generally people who can't speak...fink instead of think
Reply 46
"I was well ill"
Reply 47
just thought of another: somethink, anythink etcetc

Latest