The Student Room Group

GF hasn't moved on from her ex - what should I do?

Went on GF's facebook search results and saw that she's been searching for her ex every now and again.

He was her first, but she ended the relationship because he cheated on her. Now, I don't think he chats to her that much, but its always her who initiates the conversation.

I feel like she's with me, until she finds someone better! What should I do? Break up before I get dumped?
I've not been on Facebook for a while so I'm not sure how much bother you had to go to find out that info, but it's really not cool that you did. I doubt she's with you until she finds someone better but if you're worried about getting dumped then violating her privacy is not your best move here.

I occasionally look up exes just to see what they're getting up to. It certainly doesn't mean I want to get back together with them.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Went on GF's facebook search results and saw that she's been searching for her ex every now and again.

What are you, 14?

He was her first, but she ended the relationship because he cheated on her. Now, I don't think he chats to her that much, but its always her who initiates the conversation.

I feel like she's with me, until she finds someone better! What should I do? Break up before I get dumped?

Yeah, I agree with above, it's not cool of you to be checking up on her like that. I also occasionally search for my exes just out of curiosity, I don't want to get back with either of them even slightly, I would much rather be with the guy I'm currently dating but that doesn't stop me being curious about what they're up to! People are nosy, that's just a fact. Facebook is the perfect place for this nosiness to come out!

Why do you feel like that? Just cause she searched for her ex on FB? If so, worry is totally unfounded and you are being silly and kind of mean, to be honest. She has done nothing wrong.
Reply 4

A lot of people do this. You probably don't have anything to worry about.
Reply 5
Original post by Laus2
A lot of people do this. You probably don't have anything to worry about.

But her internet history showed she went through all his pictures on Facebook, not just his profile! It shows she's clearly missing him or something, which is a bad thing coz I feel like I'm not doing thing right that she has to miss him!
Reply 6
But her internet history showed she went through all his pictures on Facebook, not just his profile! It shows she's clearly missing him or something, which is a bad thing coz I feel like I'm not doing thing right that she has to miss him!

I can't speak for your girlfriend, but there's a chance that she is just a snooper. I occasionally look through my exes posts on TSR, not because I want to get back with them, but because I still care about them and am interested in their life (they are also very interesting).

I'm completely devoted to my current partner.

But your girlfriend might be 'stalking' him for other reasons. Maybe ask?
Reply 7
You can't go on together, with suspicious minds.
speaking as someone who has occasionally checked up on an ex's facebook, its nothing to worry about. (unless there are other signs that are putting you off)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending