The Student Room Group

finance help?

Hi, I would like to know, I have previously studied at uni for 2 years, but had to drop out due to being sick, but now I am looking into studying a HNC for one year, then finishing it off with studying 2 years at a university, does anyone know if I can still get finance for the HNC and for the two years at uni? Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Lawraahh
Hi, I would like to know, I have previously studied at uni for 2 years, but had to drop out due to being sick, but now I am looking into studying a HNC for one year, then finishing it off with studying 2 years at a university, does anyone know if I can still get finance for the HNC and for the two years at uni? Any help would be appreciated!

You will receive a maintenance loan only for the HNC (no tuition fee loan or grant). Then, for the 2 years at University, I think you MAY receive one year of full funding (for the 2nd year).

If you can prove you left university due to being sick IE that is the reason you gave university, and you can get doctors note etc as evidence - then you can claim a year back under Compelling Personal Reasons.
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for your response, what if i went on to study a fast track degree for 2 years next year would I get full funding for both years?
Original post by Lawraahh
Hi, thanks for your response, what if i went on to study a fast track degree for 2 years next year would I get full funding for both years?

The calculation is
Number of years of current course - years already funded + 1. So if you started a 2 year course you'd only get 1 year funded.

Your best bet us to convince them you left because if your illness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending