The Student Room Group

What are the best places to buy high quality unbranded clothes?

I'm intending to do some extensive clothes shopping next weekend and I'm looking for ideas on where I can buy some decent quality unbranded clothes. I don't mind discretely branded stuff, but I'm not into big ostentatious logos or anything like that. I'm a guy btw. Thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Think it depends what your budget but I'd look to places like All Saints personally.
Without knowing your tastes, budget or whether there's one near you, House of Fraser might work. Tends to stock a reasonable amount of quality brands with discreet/no branding (alongside some ****, but it's easy enough to spot the ****). Isn't too expensive either, and the range tends to be very good.
Reply 3
All saints cashmere is RUBBISH. I love the rest though but it's quite overpriced in general. I can buy better quality stuff in Paris as lower prices. And it's Paris !

Posted from TSR Mobile
superdry are notoriously discrete
Reply 5
Original post by Brian Butterfield
superdry are notoriously discrete

That's sarcasm, right? :curious:

Superdry, Hollister and Jack Wills are three brands I definitely won't be buying. :tongue:
Reply 6
Tk Maxx is amazing for finding good quality cheap clothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uni-qlo is good, for basics at least
try Zara
Reply 9
Second tk maxx. You can even find some pretty nice discounted branded stuff too..
Reply 10
Primark.

No, really: the 'Cedarwood State' shirts I bought in 2008 could still pass for new. Though be prepared to sift through some of the most appalling tat.
Reply 11
Original post by Profesh
Primark.

No, really: the 'Cedarwood State' shirts I bought in 2008 could still pass for new. Though be prepared to sift through some of the most appalling tat.

Lol you shop at primark? Even my mother calls that place "cheap".
Reply 12
Original post by Ryan202
Lol you shop at primark? Even my mother calls that place "cheap".

I shop for style, quality and fit, in that order. Sometimes this manifests itself as a £400 pair of shoes; other times it's the curated selection of £12 shirts that have lasted me well over five years, and counting. Either way, buyer's remorse is seldom a factor.
Reply 13
Yeeesh Primark is terrible. FULL of synthetic clothing and fibers. They reek as soon as you walk into the shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
M&S and H&M are good for most everyday wear.

Quick Reply

Latest