The Student Room Group

Camp America 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megankitchenxo
Does anyone know if you need to completely finish your application before you have an interview? I have the orange bar across the top that says I have completed enough but I don't know if I should select an interviewer now or wait until it is 100% complete???

I'm wondering the same thing, my application is not finished I haven't got the references or personal statement and my interview is tomorrow!!:eek:
Generally speaking the answer is no. The interviewer will decide how up to date you need to be and probably won't submit your application until you have completed everything but this can all be done post interview. Feel free to follow my blog for more advice.

http://moderntravelling.com/2014/08/01/camp-america-applications-are-now-open-5-tips-to-getting-placed/
Original post by LauraSinky
You can put your own leaving date; It depends on the camp rather than Camp America, Some camps may allow you to come in as a late start and some may not even start by then!!

I know people who have left on like the 21st and stuff so it should be okay

Don't worry its a bit misleading. They DO NOT ask you to be free for all of May/June. On the website they ask you to specify a date in May/June that you will definitely be free from so you could just say june 20th. I have uni exams until the 5th so I selected the next weekend as my earliest departure date and then in theory they can ask for me to leave at any point after that date.
Reply 43
I've done some research on the camps in America and in all honesty I think Americamp is the best. While you have to pay for you flights you get special student offers which help towards it and you get more pay which when worked out you make rather than lose out on money.
Original post by Batman16
I've done some research on the camps in America and in all honesty I think Americamp is the best. While you have to pay for you flights you get special student offers which help towards it and you get more pay which when worked out you make rather than lose out on money.

Just to clarify, you know that Americamp, Camp Leaders, Camp America etc aren't actual physical camps in America? They're just the agencies who send you to camps. I get so many questions from people who think my camp is actually called Camp America!

There's no saying who's the best agency unless you've been to camp with every single one of them. You'll find that most of them offer fee reductions for one reason or another and as somebody who's already been to camp, I can promise you that no summer camp experience will make you very much money. The aim of going to camp isn't to make a profit. If the aim of your summer is to earn lots of money, camp isn't the place to go.
Anyone been accepted into Americamp yet? I'm just waiting to be placed now! Woo!
I've also gone with americamp and I am now waiting to be placed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've found Camp Leaders a really good company to apply through. They've been really helpful, given me money back for paying my balance off, and they arranged an interview with a camp director who was visiting the offices in Liverpool (it didn't work out because of the dates) . I'm now on review with another camp and waiting for a skype interview. I'd advise being very specific about your end-dates, a lot of camps have 'post-camp schedules' which they could ask you to stay for (roughly the 20th-30th august) and they get the international staff to man these as the american staff go back to college mid august (when normal camp ends). Think about how long you want to be able to travel after camp! :smile: good luck people!
Original post by jaackriley
I've also gone with americamp and I am now waiting to be placed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jack how are you? Just wanted to wish you #AmeriChristmas

Good luck with everything!

#FreeBiscuits x
Original post by Caraaaa95
I've found Camp Leaders a really good company to apply through. They've been really helpful, given me money back for paying my balance off, and they arranged an interview with a camp director who was visiting the offices in Liverpool (it didn't work out because of the dates) . I'm now on review with another camp and waiting for a skype interview. I'd advise being very specific about your end-dates, a lot of camps have 'post-camp schedules' which they could ask you to stay for (roughly the 20th-30th august) and they get the international staff to man these as the american staff go back to college mid august (when normal camp ends). Think about how long you want to be able to travel after camp! :smile: good luck people!

Cara, you know that we offer the highest salaries of up to $1845. But it's all about the #FreeBiscuits and Ameri.Camp #GreatScott x
Original post by TwoLimes
Anyone been accepted into Americamp yet? I'm just waiting to be placed now! Woo!

Two Limes how we doing?

We just wanted to wish you #AmeriChristmas x

PS hope you get loads of #FreeBiscuits :colondollar:
Original post by stewarte
Americamp seems to be the best option, but your flights aren't included (which could be up to £500 extra!) In that case, in the uncertainty of the flight price, I'd rather go with a well established organisation like Camp America which has your flights paid for at a fixed price. I'm unsure on applying though

whichever way you look at it, you will make money with us which you cannot say about other organizations. There's a reason why we were named best summer camp organisation for four years in a row. x :smile:
Original post by xtinalouise
What are the flight prices with Camp America?

We'd love to help. Let us know if you have any questions :smile: #FreeBiscuits x
Original post by ndoyle7
I really want to apply for Camp America for summer 2015, but my last A2 exam is around about the 20 of June. which is going to be a problem since Camp America requires you to be free from May-June. So, I was thinking about going with the company AmeriCamp because you book your own flights. Therefore you have the option to be more flexible with dates. but the major downside to AmeriCamp is that you have to organise your own way from the airport to the camp. (which could be disastrous) :frown:
Is anyone else having this problem? or has anyone been with either company and could offer some advice? Help would be greatly appreciated.:smile:
Working in America at a camp is something i have always really wanted to do, and summer 2015 would be the best time for me to do it!

Hey there! Just wanted to clear this up, unsure where you have got that information from regarding making your own way from the airport? Each camp that we work with has different ways of meeting up with their staff, but we certainly don't leave you.

If you have late dates you should check out Camp Canada. It can be found at www.CampCanada.org

Let us know if you have any questions we'd love to help

#AmeriChristmas x
Original post by natalie2507
I'm looking I to Americamp too, I've had a few emails and phonecalls from them. The thing about camp America is that it's mostly based on looking for leaders with a desired view in sport...

Natalie how are you? Just wanted to wish you #AmeriChristmas x :smile:
Original post by cgeorge
I am also thinking about applying for a summer camp but I have no child care experience and very little sport experience other than being a keen member of the gym. Is there any point me applying? It seems like an amazing experience and I would to be able to do it. If you think it's worth applying, any tips on how to strengthen my application?

George can we help at all? We would love you to apply through us :biggrin: x :smile:
Original post by samwatson
Don't worry its a bit misleading. They DO NOT ask you to be free for all of May/June. On the website they ask you to specify a date in May/June that you will definitely be free from so you could just say june 20th. I have uni exams until the 5th so I selected the next weekend as my earliest departure date and then in theory they can ask for me to leave at any point after that date.

We can probably help with this a lot. Some camps start from as early as May 1st, but the vast majority start around June 15th. The earlier you are available the more choice of camps there will be to look at your application. Check your exam dates with your Uni, most are actually online so you can work on worst case scenarios.

Ideally we like applicants to be available from June 15th - August 15th, but this is just a rough estimate. Anything later than June 21st and you should check out Camp Canada as they start later (www.CampCanada.org).

Let us know if we can be of any further help and have #AmeriChristmas x
Original post by Batman16

Batman reading your post, made us blush :colondollar:

We feel like we should send you some #FreeBiscuits and a t-shirt x
Reply 58
Does anyone know the latest time you can apply for Americamp? I've written most of my starting application, I just need to finish it off and gain the courage to send it - and tell my parents I want to go, ha.
Original post by l.suu
Does anyone know the latest time you can apply for Americamp? I've written most of my starting application, I just need to finish it off and gain the courage to send it - and tell my parents I want to go, ha.

I *think* its March, the Americamp rep on here will be able to confirm, but their Twitter is always telling people to get it in ASAP 👍

Quick Reply

Latest