The Student Room Group

Army or RAF Nursing?? Help please !!

Hiya everyone! Have a dilemma at hand. Currently coming to the end of my first year as an adult nurse in the East Midlands and I absolutely love the course. I feel that emergency care and critical care are my biggest interests as I like complex and emergency style care which challenges you. I feel the Army can offer me some great opportunities if I join now as an officer via the cadetship/ other funding option they have.

However I eventually want to become a flight nurse and I think the army ma y have limited opportunities with Flight Nursing? So should I join the RAF instead ? Ps I want to travel the world to in the Military so they both do so right? OR Should I join an RAF or Army Reserve??

Hi, its good that you already have a understanding of what you want to do. I myself don't know much, to nothing about the nursing course provided in both army and RAF. However i can almost certainly guarantee that you will travel in both of the forces. Me not being biased (having already applied for the RAF) would go for the RAF due to the more likely chance of you being a flight nurse.

Like i said i myself am not even fully into the RAF yet but hoping that this can give you a bit of understanding. You could also find out probably a lot more if you dug a bit deeper into the internet about people who are already doing the job you want.
What did you go for in the end if you dont mind me asking. Im pondering the same question myself atm.. RAF or army. So difficult. Would love to hear how your getting on

Quick Reply

Latest