The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

What course you doing, why. Why did you choose mmu

Connect to MMU here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think I'm gonna apply for English lit and American literature, or eng lit and creative writing. I'm applying for the university of Manchester too for lit & American studies. I picked both manchester unis to apply for because I went to reading about three or four years ago and thought it was too far away from home and the course wasn't for me. I'll be 23 when I go, so I'm much better prepared, love the city, and have just finished 120 literature open Uni credits so know that I'm going for the right course. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Biomedical science in hope of getting into medicine!
I'm applying for Criminology & Sociology, maybe just Sociology aswell
Well the UCAS application has gone, and now the waiting game begins... Best of luck, fellow 2015-ers
I'm applying for animal behaviour but will probably put mmu as my insurance. Chester as my firm. Among other things, animal students get a free zoo pass for a year at Chester.
Reply 6
Original post by TwoLimes
I think I'm gonna apply for English lit and American literature, or eng lit and creative writing. I'm applying for the university of Manchester too for lit & American studies. I picked both manchester unis to apply for because I went to reading about three or four years ago and thought it was too far away from home and the course wasn't for me. I'll be 23 when I go, so I'm much better prepared, love the city, and have just finished 120 literature open Uni credits so know that I'm going for the right course. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you me? I'm in the exact same boat as you. I picked the 'American Spaces' module but I haven't really heard about any of the modules yet, really. Which hall are you staying in?
Original post by Brochacho
Are you me? I'm in the exact same boat as you. I picked the 'American Spaces' module but I haven't really heard about any of the modules yet, really. Which hall are you staying in?

Don't know yet mate, this is for starting in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by TwoLimes
Don't know yet mate, this is for starting in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah gotcha. I somehow missed that in the title. I start in a few weeks I believe. I move in tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by Brochacho
Ah gotcha. I somehow missed that in the title. I start in a few weeks I believe. I move in tomorrow. :smile:

Ace, best of luck, I might be pestering you in a few weeks for your opinion on the course (;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im just finishing up my UCAS form to study Events Management - hoping for Mancester although applied for all over England as backups! Anyone else applying for this course?
Original post by mcgilligan93
Im just finishing up my UCAS form to study Events Management - hoping for Mancester although applied for all over England as backups! Anyone else applying for this course?

I'm applying for Events Management too! Where else are you applying?:smile:
Original post by mcgilligan93

this is the same as me!! where else have you applied?
do any of you guys that have already written your personal statements have any tips? I'm trying to write mine now but I just end up waffling arghh x
Reply 14
Original post by robynofficer97
this is the same as me!! where else have you applied?

I'm looking at either Events Management or Tourism Management! I don't know what my first choice is really but Man Met is up there :smile:
Original post by EmmaSian
I'm looking at either Events Management or Tourism Management! I don't know what my first choice is really but Man Met is up there :smile:

ooh what's the difference between them? probably a stupid question haha. manchester met is my first choice :smile:
Reply 16
ooh what's the difference between them? probably a stupid question haha. manchester met is my first choice :smile:

Haha! Well Tourism is different as its management within the specific industry and not as broad as events. But I want to complete a PGCE afterwards to teach Tourism so really it makes sense for me to go into that one! :smile:
Original post by EmmaSian
Haha! Well Tourism is different as its management within the specific industry and not as broad as events. But I want to complete a PGCE afterwards to teach Tourism so really it makes sense for me to go into that one! :smile:

ooh that sounds good :smile: good luck (even though it's months away haha)
Reply 18
ooh that sounds good :smile: good luck (even though it's months away haha)

Indeed, and you :smile: Now I just need to get UCAS sorted!
I'm applying for biomedical sciences. Does anyone know if you need an interview for that one?

Quick Reply