The Student Room Group

Why are the grade requirements for Computer Science at Manchester University so high?

The required grades are 3 A* including Maths and a science subjects, while compared to other universities where it's A*AA.

How different is their computer science BSc compared to other universities?

Also, how different is Computer Science at Manchester Metropolitan compared to Manchester University? Is Manchester University better or worse? Do they provide more support? Better content?

Thanks
Actually University of Manchester is one of the top uni in Uk, in fact it's one of the top uni in north west that's why they require more qualifications, I would recommend you University of Manchester as it is one of the top plus you can compare the courses you want to do at discoveruni.com, it is a good website which shows ratings of the compared courses. Hope this help
Reply 2
Original post by Prince_Mughal
Actually University of Manchester is one of the top uni in Uk, in fact it's one of the top uni in north west that's why they require more qualifications, I would recommend you University of Manchester as it is one of the top plus you can compare the courses you want to do at discoveruni.com, it is a good website which shows ratings of the compared courses. Hope this help

Thank you very much!
Original post by Astray666
Thank you very much!

It's a marketing ploy - it's no better than a number of others ...
Original post by Astray666
Thank you very much!

No problem
Reply 5
I saw the requirements for Manchester being 3A* but Oxford with A*AA. Why would Manchester's be that ridiculously high if both top unis are lower?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Prince_Mughal

Based of what? From the Tables and what I have seen Lancaster is the best in the north west
Original post by skinfade123
Based of what? From the Tables and what I have seen Lancaster is the best in the north west

Global rankings are more reliable I think.
Old thread, but it's based on the number of applications they get versus the number of places.

Not comparable to unis that interview and lots of unis with lower requirements have courses which are just as good.
Wow, how can this be your subject yet you don't know it's where the first modern computer was held and it's where Alan Turing did research. All this in mind, I'll let Manchester aim for some of the very brightest for this subject. It's generally well regarded in the sciences, having more UK Nobel Prize winners than anywhere outside of Cambridge, Oxford, and UCL.
(edited 2 days ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending