The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexRayson
I'm applying for biomedical sciences. Does anyone know if you need an interview for that one?[/QU

I got an offer..no interview
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by sehrish_akhtar
Really??? I have a friend who is currently studying there and she loves it.

Is she smart though? Because anyone above average intelligence is mostly disappointed with the teaching. Unless she's one of those who just enjoy the easy sex with all the pricks at MMU.
Original post by WeedCanKill
Is she smart though? Because anyone above average intelligence is mostly disappointed with the teaching. Unless she's one of those who just enjoy the easy sex with all the pricks at MMU.

She's really smart and she aint like that.
Have you been MMU or heard it from someone else?
Not being mean or anything, I'm just curious cause its one of my options, so iwant to know as much as i can about it:smile::smile:
Original post by ImogenEB
That's so good, is it your first choice? Slightly worried I still haven't heard then haha. Wow, smart stuff. I've applied for philosophy with a foundation year :smile:

I don't know yet...want to hear back from the other unis first then gonna decide
aww thank youu and philosphy sounds interesting though :smile:
She's really smart and she aint like that.
Have you been MMU or heard it from someone else?
Not being mean or anything, I'm just curious cause its one of my options, so iwant to know as much as i can about it:smile::smile:

I've graduated from there, biggest mistake of my life and I regret every second of it. I've wasted my chance of a good education and a happy life.
I've graduated from there, biggest mistake of my life and I regret every second of it. I've wasted my chance of a good education and a happy life.

Oh! Is it really that bad??
Oh! Is it really that bad??

Unfortunately yes. Educationally it is bad, I have a hard time getting anyone to take my CompSci degree seriously. MMU is just for students who want to party all the time and do little to no work for their degree.
Unfortunately yes. Educationally it is bad, I have a hard time getting anyone to take my CompSci degree seriously. MMU is just for students who want to party all the time and do little to no work for their degree.

What if you do post graduate degree after that

It's £5k upfront, so it'll have to wait a few years until that happens. Even then you should try going to a proper University.
It's £5k upfront, so it'll have to wait a few years until that happens. Even then you should try going to a proper University.

Thanks for the advice...i'm gonna wait till i hear from all my unis till i make a decision:smile:
Thanks for the advice...i'm gonna wait till i hear from all my unis till i make a decision:smile:

Good luck :-) mind me asking your subject?
Good luck :-) mind me asking your subject?

Thank you:smile:
I'm apllying for Biomedical Science

My best mate graduated from MMU last year with a degree in enviro science & is struggling to find a job, however, her flat mate has just got a full scholarship for a masters in medicine at Cambridge after doing undergrad at MMU, and graduating with a 2:1. It's what you do whilst you're at uni that can really make the difference.
Original post by TwoLimes
My best mate graduated from MMU last year with a degree in enviro science & is struggling to find a job, however, her flat mate has just got a full scholarship for a masters in medicine at Cambridge. It's what you do whilst you're at uni that can really make the difference.

I'm applying for Biomedical Science..so yeah
Thank you:smile:
I'm apllying for Biomedical Science

Try your best for that First and I think you'll be just fine :-) but a First from MMU might not be worth as much as a 2:1 from a proper University though
Try your best for that First and I think you'll be just fine :-) but a First from MMU might not be worth as much as a 2:1 from a proper University though

Thanks...I will :smile::smile::smile::smile:
I've got an interview for MMU on 10th December to study physiotherapy. Nervous but excited as its in the brand new Birley building which I couldn't have a look at properly when I last visited!
Reply 97
Do all courses at MMU require interviews? Id no idea about that..

I got an offer without interview for business management with foundation year so I guess not. Some will probably require interviews - all depends on the department/subject or maybe they have too many in the maybe pile so need some way of deciding so interview them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No most don't have interviews it's mainly healthcare subjects that do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending