The Student Room Group

The Non League Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

C'mon u Minstermen! Clayton Donaldson will top the scoring charts this season!!! Hes awesome and i'm surprised he hasnt been spotted by higher league clubs..

Billy Macs Barmy Army!!! Billy Macs Barmy Army!!!!
They lost 6-1... there's always next season...:laugh:
Car Expert
Met Police to beat Fisher tonight :p:

Actually no they didn't
Reply 63
ChubbyChutton
C'mon u Minstermen! Clayton Donaldson will top the scoring charts this season!!! Hes awesome and i'm surprised he hasnt been spotted by higher league clubs

Yes I agree, Donaldson is arguably the best striker in the Conference as he has a good all round game and can torment tired defences with his pace and power. However some players can't 'cut it' in the league - for example Daryl Clare - great goalscorer but lacks pace.
Disappointing result for Bedford losing 2-0 at home to More Green in the FA Cup
No Middlesbrough heroics for Nuneaton this season... lost 1-0 at home to Hucknall in the FA Cup.
Reply 66
The FA cup has provided us with a draw at home to Halifax which is annoying really because we play there in the league on saturday, and if the cup game goes to a replay then we'll be playing them three times in a row!

The 4th Qualifying round draw in full:

Barrow FC v Marine FC
Stafford Rangers FC v Ossett Albion FC / Scarborough FC
Tamworth FC v Harrogate Town FC
Gainsborough Trinity FC v Whitley Bay FC / Blyth Spartans AFC FC
Kings Lynn FC v Hucknall Town FC
Newcastle Benfield (Bay Plastics) FC v York City FC
Fleetwood Town FC v Wisbech Town FC
Rushden & Diamonds FC v Altrincham FC
Burton Albion FC v Halifax Town FC
Northwich Victoria FC v Cambridge United FC
Witton Albion FC / Farsley Celtic FC v Cambridge City FC / Matlock Town FC
Southport FC v Kettering Town FC
Kidderminster Harriers FC v Droylsden FC
Moor Green FC v Morecambe FC
Worcester City FC / Hemel Hempstead Town FC v Basingstoke Town FC
Crawley Town FC v Lewes FC
Dover Athletic FC v Bishop's Stortford FC
Hungerford Town FC v Weymouth FC
Woking FC v Potters Bar Town FC
Maidenhead United FC v Merthyr Tydfil FC / AFC Hornchurch
Welling United FC v Clevedon Town FC / Hitchin Town FC
Stevenage Borough FC v Forest Green Rovers FC
Tonbridge Angels FC v Newport County FC
Dagenham & Redbridge FC v Oxford United FC
Farnborough Town FC /Yeading FC v St Albans City FC
Haverhill Rovers FC v Aldershot Town FC
Exeter City FC v AFC Wimbledon
AFC Sudbury v Mangotsfield United FC /Leatherhead FC
Chelmsford City FC v Gravesend & Northfleet FC
Grays Athletic FC v Bromley FC
Fisher Athletic FC v Salisbury City FC
Quorn FC / Brackley Town FC v Havant & Waterlooville FC

In my opinion, it always looks like the draw has been fixed as many of the lower ranked clubs are against conference clubs. Purely coincidence I guess.:smile:
Hmm interesting draw, wonder if well see a little team coming through that this time like chasetown last year.
Meanwhile Barry Fry's son has just signed for Kings Lynn
Reply 68
^It's ok, he won't go to Peterborough. Keith Alexander only ever signs the same players whatever club he's at.
Rushden have parted company with their manager after a run of poor results.
Reply 70
Carl1982
Rushden have parted company with their manager after a run of poor results.

At last! :five:
UEFA Cup fixtures are up. Don't forget people. Sorry it's late I've been busy and just got back from the Barca game. Have it!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :party: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6442783#post6442783
Dreadful day for Bedford Town getting slammed 5-0 down at Welling.
Found this on BBC
Conference chiefs are determined to ensure that the end of this season will not be dogged by the kind of controversy that has hit the league in recent years.

For the first time, four clubs will be relegated from the Conference National - with two coming up from each of the North and South feeder divisions.

And officials will be doing everything possible to make sure that the fate of clubs is determined through their playing records and not off-field problems.

Conference chief operations officer John Moules told BBC Sport: "It's paramount. The target this year is that all promotion and relegation matters will be decided on the field of play and not in the boardroom."

Last season, the Conference campaign finished in a state of confusion with Altrincham being deducted 18 points but surviving when Scarborough were relegated for financial reasons.

Canvey Island's resignation from the league meant that no other side went down as the Conference expanded to 24 teams.

Looking at the way things are panning out, it is expected to be four down and four up

Conference chief operations office John Moules
Twelve months previously, Northwich Victoria finished outside the bottom three but were relegated over ground and ownership issues.

Northwich are again coming under scrutiny from the Conference, with an investigation into the club's finances by BBC Five Live Sport being passed onto the FA's compliance unit.

The Vics will be one of a number of clubs whose positions will be discussed by the Conference management committee at its monthly meeting on Thursday.

However, expulsion from the league is not on the agenda, with failure to produce accounts on time liable for punishment by a fine.

Crawley Town are also being monitored as they owe money to creditors but they still have more than a week to meet the terms of a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA).

Clubs are constantly being advised on how to abide by Conference rules and with ground standards improving at Conference North and South level, Moules is optimistic that promotion and relegation will run smoothly.

He added: "This year we are fairly safely saying that looking at the way things are panning out, it is expected to be four down and four up."

The Conference is striving to get its house in order to further their argument with the Football League for three-up and three-down after gaining a second promotion place in 2003.

The League has rejected that proposal for next season, but dialogue will continue.
any Aldershot fans here??
Must admit i haven't seen any shots supporters here but it's nice to see them back up in the Conference, i know someone gave them a mention on the first page of this thread.
Best fans in the conference!
Reply 77
and what a wow
Best fans in the conference!

Sorry flags don't count as fans!:biggrin:

How very sad - http://www.redbluearmy.com/flags.html
It's FA Cup 4th Qualifying round today
My team have got Bristol City home.

A v.good draw for us minstermen

Quick Reply

Latest