The Student Room Group

The Non League Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Stafford Rangers gone under?
Reply 981
Rock Fan
Stafford Rangers gone under?

Slowly but surely...
I've been reading, looks like they are about to implode at least with players leaving and the manager having to be sacked because they can't afford to keep him.
Reply 983
Yep, their Hednesford Town tribute act is quickly falling apart
Yes didn't quite take off at all. Few managers gone recently, Mansfield's boss went, Patterson got sacked by Oxford.
Some interesting results in the FA Trophy today.

Stevenage looked to be heading for a replay against St.Albans then they scored what 3 goals in the last 5 minutes to win 4-1.
Cambridge beat Histon in a thrilling Cambridgeshire Derby. Southport shock Altrincham 4-1.
Mansfield were defeated by ever improving Wrexham. While a host of games fell foul of the weather including Hednesford's game against Nantwich.
Rock Fan
Some interesting results in the FA Trophy today.

Stevenage looked to be heading for a replay against St.Albans then they scored what 3 goals in the last 5 minutes to win 4-1.
Cambridge beat Histon in a thrilling Cambridgeshire Derby. Southport shock Altrincham 4-1.
Mansfield were defeated by ever improving Wrexham. While a host of games fell foul of the weather including Hednesford's game against Nantwich.

At the moment Mansfield would be defeated by an ever improving National Blind School
Expression
At the moment Mansfield would be defeated by an ever improving National Blind School

What did you make of your manager's sacking?
Rock Fan
What did you make of your manager's sacking?

Necessary sadly.

4 points from 30 isn't good enough.

There were some very serious questions over his choice of formation, tactics and some very curious substitutions.

Don't know who I'd go for as a manager though, needs to be someone who knows the BSP well, and the type of players needed to solidify a place in it (which right now I'd take)
Expression
Necessary sadly.

4 points from 30 isn't good enough.

There were some very serious questions over his choice of formation, tactics and some very curious substitutions.

Don't know who I'd go for as a manager though, needs to be someone who knows the BSP well, and the type of players needed to solidify a place in it (which right now I'd take)

Yeah never rated him either, looked completely clueless for your lot. Just a shame Dean Saunders isn't free no more.
Rock Fan
Just a shame Dean Saunders isn't free no more.

Doubt he would have come down to this league for anyone but Wrexham tbh.

By coming here (and hopefully gettin us out of the BSP) he is boosting welsh football, and helping his chances of becoming Wales boss one day, whenever Toshack leaves...

As for Mansfield, things go from bad to worse, having a temp. management team w/ mark stallard isnt going to fare to well, and apparently we could have beat them 3 times over but hit the post and so on.

As for Wrexham. bar one/two bad *cough*Eastwood*cough* result we've had a good run under him, but every damn team above us keeps winning so were going nowhere in the table...
Reply 991
Saw Mansfield the other Thursday night. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad that another side could fall apart as fast as us. Jason Lee is awful, I sure hope the new boss doesn't persist with him up front for your sake.
RyanLeaf
Saw Mansfield the other Thursday night. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad that another side could fall apart as fast as us. Jason Lee is awful, I sure hope the new boss doesn't persist with him up front for your sake.

You a Mansfield fan as well?
Stevenage won for once against Rushden 3-1.
Rock Fan
Stevenage won for once against Rushden 3-1.

Went to see it :yep: Bloody freezing!

Well...what an odd game. Rushden's defence were all over the place up until about the 80th minute. Slips, bad judgement, mistimed intercepts and no trust between the back 4 and keeper to name just a few. Insane amount of chances during the game which, looking at the scoreline reflects the play I think.
First goal was a lol moment - goalie and defender collided for a simple tap in and the 2nd, early in the second half was a defence mess up leaving a sweet lob over the keeper.

Rushden fans (quite a few of them there) calling for the managers head, even at 2-0 with 40+ mins to go.... never good.
<CJ>
Went to see it :yep: Bloody freezing!

Well...what an odd game. Rushden's defence were all over the place up until about the 80th minute. Slips, bad judgement, mistimed intercepts and no trust between the back 4 and keeper to name just a few. Insane amount of chances during the game which, looking at the scoreline reflects the play I think.
First goal was a lol moment - goalie and defender collided for a simple tap in and the 2nd, early in the second half was a defence mess up leaving a sweet lob over the keeper.

Rushden fans (quite a few of them there) calling for the managers head, even at 2-0 with 40+ mins to go.... never good.

To be honest not suprised his head is being called for, they have been struggling for a while, sounds like it was a comical match.
Reply 996
7 goals? SEVEN?!
Dobba
7 goals? SEVEN?!

I take it the right Hednesford turned up today.
Reply 998
Rock Fan
I take it the right Hednesford turned up today.

Just a bit, once again wasted a fair few chances early doors but finally got the shooting boots on. To be honest it has been coming over the last few weeks with the sheer number of chances we create.

I think our front 3 have 46 goals between them this season now, they are certainly making up for the defensive mistakes we always seem to make.
Dobba
Just a bit, once again wasted a fair few chances early doors but finally got the shooting boots on. To be honest it has been coming over the last few weeks with the sheer number of chances we create.

I think our front 3 have 46 goals between them this season now, they are certainly making up for the defensive mistakes we always seem to make.

Well guess someone was always going to get a hammering. Worksop are awful defensively and I think they will be going down again. Still Hednesford sitting top again although Eastwood do have 3 games in hand, they still got to win them.

Quick Reply

Latest