The Student Room Group

The Non League Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

So it's Stevenage Borough vs York City in the final of the FA trophy :teeth:
Oh that could be another day to get off for Wembley :biggrin:
Dozzer_Cufc
Kettering is fairly unlikely. The play-off pack are starting to look consistent, and they've got a ridiculous amout of matches still to play.

They are, however, the best side I've seen this season.

if histon beat stevenage tomorrow and kettering win then they will be in a playoff position :biggrin:
got both in my accy.
Rock Fan
Oh that could be another day to get off for Wembley :biggrin:

Might see you there :teeth:

patrick_l
if histon beat stevenage tomorrow and kettering win then they will be in a playoff position :biggrin:
got both in my accy.

Should be a good game that. On Setanta as well.
i havnt got setanta :frown:
sure theres somewhere online i can watch it tho
Lewes' relegation from the BSP has been confirmed tonight (although we probably knew that months ago)...
<CJ>

Should be a good game that. On Setanta as well.

How wrong are you...:frown:
Dozzer_Cufc
How wrong are you...:frown:

Indeed, I was trying to lie low :ninja:

Their pitch though :/
They have it in a state so it helps them with their long ball game. Anyone familiar with John Beck could tell you that.
Dozzer_Cufc
They have it in a state so it helps them with their long ball game. Anyone familiar with John Beck could tell you that.

Oh dear. We can't play on lumpy pitches. Though, recently, we've seemed to be unable to play full stop.

Hopefully we'll get back to winning ways against the Village People and Cambridge will win the boat race, making my weekend of sports spectating perfect.
Big ol' game this weekend regarding Kidderminster and Stevenage. If Kidderminster win they gain a 4 point cushion over their playoff rival, whilst if Boro' snatch it it'll be tight with Stevenage +2 up on the harriers but with them still a game in hand.

Looking at the harriers recent results, bar their 2 games with Woking they haven't been able to score that many goals, even against lowly opposition so there's a chance. If they win though and torquay don't slip up, I think Stevenage's playoff hopes will he hanging by a thread.
A draw won't do either team too many favours.
Gilchrist sacked for Woking. \o/

Our chairman who has presided over the worst season in a couple of decades remains. /o\
So, who's coming down? Can Luton pull off the great escape? Will Chester go bust before the start of next season?
<CJ>
Big ol' game this weekend regarding Kidderminster and Stevenage. If Kidderminster win they gain a 4 point cushion over their playoff rival, whilst if Boro' snatch it it'll be tight with Stevenage +2 up on the harriers but with them still a game in hand.

Looking at the harriers recent results, bar their 2 games with Woking they haven't been able to score that many goals, even against lowly opposition so there's a chance. If they win though and torquay don't slip up, I think Stevenage's playoff hopes will he hanging by a thread.
A draw won't do either team too many favours.

Id say kidderminster have to be favourites, their results recently have been very good, especially last nights game.
and stevenage have had a few slip ups lately i think. Im hoping kidderminster dont get promoted though because i think they will be a good bet at the start of next season to either win the league or get promoted
patrick_l
Id say kidderminster have to be favourites, their results recently have been very good, especially last nights game.
and stevenage have had a few slip ups lately i think. Im hoping kidderminster dont get promoted though because i think they will be a good bet at the start of next season to either win the league or get promoted

Yeah I think you're right. looking at other recent results they seem pretty watertight at the back so should be a goo matchup. Stevenage haven't really slipped up, just a couple of tough games with Oxford and at Histon. maybe should've beaten Oxford at home but happy with a point at Histon (although again, the chances were there).

It should be a good game.
patrick_l

I wouldn't say last night's result makes much difference.

As someone put it last night, it's not fair that every team gets to play Woking twice except us.
Why is it not fair about playing Woking? Who's playing them twice?!

Anyway, we've got an 'easy' run in, so should finish second. Kidderminster will take 5th imo.
It's jut hit me how truly awful it's going to be if and when Woking are relegated. Before now I'ev always been fairly bullish about it but it really is going to be such a terrible feeling.

How on earth the players who pull on that shirt each week can have such little pride to do nothing about the fact that they are the worst professional football team in world football beggars belief.
innerpartysystem
I wouldn't say last night's result makes much difference.

As someone put it last night, it's not fair that every team gets to play Woking twice except us.

I'd have been quite happy not to play Woking at all and to have played Lewes or Mansfield or York again.
It'll be sad if Woking, York or Ebbsfleet go down. All are good clubs, so hopefully Salisbury will go down on a technicality.

Quick Reply

Latest