The Student Room Group

Grades I can get with low ISA

I was wondering what grades I can get overall in my GCSE sciences (triple), especially physics, if I only got a D in my iSA. I am not sure why this happened but it did nonetheless even with retake (i guess i approached it the wrong way too many times). However, I do very well at the exams and am easily capable of getting very high A* in them, sometimes even 100% in physics. I was wondering if, with a D in the ISA, I can still get an A* or what I can get. Thanks, Sam.:s-smilie:
You probably wont get an A* star overall since the isa is 25% so ur grade will drop quick a bit because of the D grade.
Reply 2
If you get three mid A*s in your exams, let's say P1,P2 and P3 and then a D in coursework you could just about average an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
what about three very good A*. Could I get a very good A?
Original post by tridianprime
what about three very good A*. Could I get a very good A?

Probably, but an A is an A at the end of the day.
Original post by Dr. Django
Probably, but an A is an A at the end of the day.

I just need to get it so I can get into a good sixth form. I have calculated out of UMS that I will need to get at most 90 UMS on p1, p2 and p3 equivalently to get an A, so that should be really easy. I just wanted to get to this good sixth form because I am confident I will do very well at A Level so should be fine as long as I get this. The only reason I didn't was because of personal issues at the time. Thanks for all responses.
I have just remembered also that I did retakes and I never got my results back. I hope they were higher than a D so wish me luck. I think I have already done quite well in my B2/B3.
Someone in my class who got a D for her Biology ISA was told that if they got over 90% on each unit, they'd still probably get an A* if grade boundaries don't shoot up. You still probably can get an A* if you score highly enough.
Reply 8
Plus if the examiners/your future sixth form are aware that you were going through a troubling time when doing your ISA they may take that into special consideration. Good luck!
Original post by panserik
Plus if the examiners/your future sixth form are aware that you were going through a troubling time when doing your ISA they may take that into special consideration. Good luck!

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by DistantTraces
Someone in my class who got a D for her Biology ISA was told that if they got over 90% on each unit, they'd still probably get an A* if grade boundaries don't shoot up. You still probably can get an A* if you score highly enough.

How is that possible? The total UMS for the GCSE is 400UMS. That is divided equally between unit1, unit2, unit3 and ISA. With a D, the most you can get is 59 in the ISA. That means that even with 100UMS in all 3 units the most you can get is 359UMS. The boundary for A* is 340 i.e. 90%.

Please tell me if I am missing something. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending