The Student Room Group

Help! Should I apply for masters with my low 2:1?

I have just graduated from KCL neuroscience. My overall grade is 2:1 (low unfortunately). I want to do translational neuroscience masters at UCL or Imperial but am worried my grade is not good enough, should I still apply and see what they say? I should I have applied last year but I was hugely worried that I would miss out on my grades and get my placement retrieved. But now I have a low 2:1 at least, I thought I might give it a go. Do you guys reckon I might stand a chance?
Original post by AAA*
I have just graduated from KCL neuroscience. My overall grade is 2:1 (low unfortunately). I want to do translational neuroscience masters at UCL or Imperial but am worried my grade is not good enough, should I still apply and see what they say? I should I have applied last year but I was hugely worried that I would miss out on my grades and get my placement retrieved. But now I have a low 2:1 at least, I thought I might give it a go. Do you guys reckon I might stand a chance?

Hey!

I guess it depends on their entry requirements, but if they want a 2:1 or above, a low 2:1 is still a 2:1!! They also normally take in to account a personal statement and other things (depends on the university), so as long as you can convey why you deserve to be on the programme, I think you would still be fine! :smile:

Best of luck with everything!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
They will usually want a high 2i or a first, but you can still chance your arm anyway. You don't have anything to lose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending