The Student Room Group

Gap Year and Reapply to University

I wanted to get into a Russel group uni but I received quite low predicted grades. I believe I can get way better alevel results than my predicted grades but if that was to happen should I redo my ucas application after a gap year?
Original post by Nooppea
I wanted to get into a Russel group uni but I received quite low predicted grades. I believe I can get way better alevel results than my predicted grades but if that was to happen should I redo my ucas application after a gap year?

That's the conventional approach, yes. (You won't need to re-write your personal statement, unless you'll be applying for different courses or simply want to re-write it anyway.)

Also note that some Russell Group unis will offer some courses through Clearing. If a course you're interested in is available, you can apply for those on or after results day via Clearing. Note that that this is unlikely to be the case for the most popular courses at the most popular unis.
how low is low - plenty of RG universities will make optimistic offers for some subjects (and RG might not even be the best option depending on your subject)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending