The Student Room Group

anyone studying HISTORY & MODERN LANGUAGES/ECONOMICS/POLITICS?

the title is pretty self explanatory but is anyone studying history with either economics or modern languages or politics at uni? i want to know what it's like, what your favorites/dislikes about the course are and where you study and any extra advice please :smile:
Original post by fs1
the title is pretty self explanatory but is anyone studying history with either economics or modern languages or politics at uni? i want to know what it's like, what your favorites/dislikes about the course are and where you study and any extra advice please :smile:

I study International Relations (politics that looks at interactions between states both in a contemporary sense e.g in. the EU and in terms of historically e.g. Cold War, 19th & 20th Century US Foreign Policy) and have taken modules in History and Politics (looking at the political system of one country). This is at UEA.

Likes- I've found it very interesting personally, learnt a lot which has given me a good understanding of why things are they way they are today. I've enjoyed most of the reading I've done but there has been a lot of it.

Dislikes- social theory, in particular Marx, can't understand his work. 4,000 word essays/projects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending