The Student Room Group

Who will win the World Cup?

The worldcup starts exactly a month from today. Who do you think will win it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Germany.
Brazil will win.

Japan and maybe Chile to be possible overachievers. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them in the semis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Germany.
My nan! lol!
Original post by lukedoran97
My nan! lol!

that's pretty funny
It's probably the hardest one to call in a long time. The South American teams all have an advantage so Brazil and Argentina will be right up there, and Uruguay, Colombia and Chile could get far and with a bit of luck win it.
Spain and Germany have the best squads in the world, while Belgium are a bit of an unknown quantity but have good players.
Italy, France and Holland can't be ruled out while Portugal have Ronaldo who can always win a game on his own.

But after saying all that, I'm pretty sure it will be one of Brazil, Argentina, Spain or Germany, and if I had to call a winner I'd go with Brazil.
Nigeria will win. #bringbackourworldcup
Deutschland!
Houndras
Fiji.
Reply 11
Argentina
What's with all the support for Brazil? Yeah they're at home but they're playing a fat Ligue 1 flop as their first choice striker alongside the massively over-hyped and under-performing Neymar. They're nothing special
Original post by michaelhaych
What's with all the support for Brazil? Yeah they're at home but they're playing a fat Ligue 1 flop as their first choice striker alongside the massively over-hyped and under-performing Neymar. They're nothing special

You mean "diving expert" Neymar :biggrin:
Argentina
Italy Germany or Spain almost definitely
Reply 16
Argentina have good strikers but that's pretty much it so they won't win it
Brazil have a squad of mostly overrated players, the climate will give them an edge but the quality of other teams will be too much
Germany or Spain for me are the realistic contenders

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I would like most to see Brazil to win the World Cup as they are indeed hosting it. I do think that Spain, Germany and perhaps Argentina have a good chance too. Due to the intense heat, I think players who play for teams situated in warmer climes stand a greater chance.
Reply 18
Last four for me will be Argentina Brazil Uruguay and Spain/Germany. I've got a feeling messi is going to be at his best and win it for Argentina.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
España

Quick Reply

Latest