The Student Room Group

Who will win the World Cup?

Scroll to see replies

Germany undoubtedly Brazil's toughest opponents so far, and likewise for Argentina with Holland so I'd go for a Netherlands vs Germany final.

I'd imagine van Gaal would plan to expose Germany's lack of pace in defence if that happens but Germany have the better squad on paper so they'd probably be favourites.
Germany.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Praying for a Brazil vs Argentina final. There looks to be almost no segregation between fans so if Brazil lose it will kick off.

Part of me has been wanting Brazil to go out in every round so far, just so I can see what the fallout would be like. Going out in the semis to Germany probably won't cause too much trouble, so I have to hope for a Brazil v Argentina final for the same reasons as you.
Original post by pane123
Part of me has been wanting Brazil to go out in every round so far, just so I can see what the fallout would be like. Going out in the semis to Germany probably won't cause too much trouble, so I have to hope for a Brazil v Argentina final for the same reasons as you.

Are you getting fed up with people constantly jizzing over them as well? :biggrin:

It's starting to annoy me. Well it started before the tournament even kicked off.

'Brazil perfected the sport'
'Every fan has their own team and then Brazil' :confused::rolleyes:
Samba this, samba that.
Numerous comments about Brazil and their flair even though this is the most boring Brazilian team in my lifetime.
Het Oranje !!!
Original post by Wilfred Little
Are you getting fed up with people constantly jizzing over them as well? :biggrin:

It's starting to annoy me. Well it started before the tournament even kicked off.

'Brazil perfected the sport'
'Every fan has their own team and then Brazil' :confused::rolleyes:
Samba this, samba that.
Numerous comments about Brazil and their flair even though this is the most boring Brazilian team in my lifetime.

Absolutely, but I am getting fed up of people jizzing over the entire World Cup. I have enjoyed it, but only because of the impressive performances of "smaller" teams, all of whom are out now.

We are left with 4 "big" teams and whoever wins will be the worst team to have won the World Cup in my lifetime. Normally the winner has a superb team, a star player, or both. Unless Messi wins it with Argentina, the winner is going to be forgettable, along with most of the players.
I honestly believe England will win it this year. There's a good mix of youth and experience.
My vote is for Brazil. Also Netherlands has a good chance.
Original post by Speckle
I honestly believe England will win it this year. There's a good mix of youth and experience.

Yeah, man what an incredible display :colone:
Argentina or Germany

would be different if Neymar was still in
Original post by Joshale
Argentina or Germany

would be different if Neymar was still in

Argentina have no squad depth, and are completely reliant on Messi ... The Netherlands will beat them.
Reply 111
I'm rooting for Germany, but I can't say my hopes are particularly high.
And yet again I was right when I said everyone was overrating brazil at the very start
Original post by Jordooooom
And yet again I was right when I said everyone was overrating brazil at the very start

Plenty of people said the same thing. Nothing more boring than someone who seems to think they were the only person with a certain opinion.
Original post by pane123
Plenty of people said the same thing. Nothing more boring than someone who seems to think they were the only person with a certain opinion.

Not really. The vast majority backed brazil to win it. Guessing you were one of them?
Original post by Jordooooom
Not really. The vast majority backed brazil to win it. Guessing you were one of them?

Plenty of people said exactly the same thing as you. Yes I backed Brazil as they were a decent price, but I said I think Germany will win, just as many other people did. I won't be going on about something I said weeks ago if they do.
Argentina to win the World Cup.

Final match; Argentina vs Germany

Messi to score 1 goal and 1 assist.

Aguero attacking well, Di Maria doing what he does best. Zabaleta pumping up the defence.
I felt so bad for the Brazilian team, even more so for their fans.. They lost 7-1 which is incredible. I cannot say how relieved I was when they at least scored once, it made the defeat a lot less embarrassing. Now they've been knocked out and they're hosting the World Cup, it's like the other teams who are still in are dangling a sweet infront if the entire team that they can have. I actually feel bad for them. Poor guys... >_<
Original post by Kimmy2014
I felt so bad for the Brazilian team, even more so for their fans.. They lost 7-1 which is incredible. I cannot say how relieved I was when they at least scored once, it made the defeat a lot less embarrassing.

It definitely did not. It will go down as the most humiliating match in World Cup, and likely football, history. They were 4-0 down and fans were in tears after 25 minutes, in a semi final of their own World Cup. 5-0 after 29 minutes.

Now they've been knocked out and they're hosting the World Cup, it's like the other teams who are still in are dangling a sweet infront if the entire team that they can have. I actually feel bad for them. Poor guys... >_<

The only ones I feel bad for are the impoverished Brazilians starving, for whom football and the national team is probably their only real pleasure in life. Though with their government spending £13bn on stadiums instead of helping them, I can't imagine they'd be that bothered this time around.

The middle classes inside the ground who paid upwards of £200 to be there covered in face paint and crying after 25 minutes (& probably haven't been fans for longer than a few weeks anyway) can **** themselves tbh.
my heart is rooting for oranje ofcourse as long as robben is there. but it's most likely gonna be Germany who wins. robots, they're like a well oiled machine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest