The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Religious studies: 12th May 2014

How did everyone find the exam today??
Easy, half the questions came up in past papers.
Reply 2
dam tuff, animals do hav soles rite????
Reply 3
Original post by jparemain
dam tuff, animals do hav soles rite????

I can't even remember what I put but I think I have mentioned that Chirstians believe humans have soles whereas animals don't. However, I have also put that some believe that animals do have souls as they have feelings too!
Well no, we as humans were given dominion by God... Christians believe we were created in God's image and animals weren't, we therefore have souls and they don't. Animal life is considered to be less important. We're "special".

But, you could say that God created humans and animals, so we are therefore equal and they have souls. But that's a bit weak.

It was one of the harder questions, I'm not 100% myself..
Reply 5
Original post by jabire3
Well no, we as humans were given dominion by God... Christians believe we were created in God's image and animals weren't, we therefore have souls and they don't. Animal life is considered to be less important. We're "special".

But, you could say that God created humans and animals, so we are therefore equal and they have souls. But that's a bit weak.

It was one of the harder questions, I'm not 100% myself..

Ahaaa... i am not sure how i did for the exam but i think i might have mentioned something along the lines of what you have said :smile:
Original post by izzy610
Ahaaa... i am not sure how i did for the exam but i think i might have mentioned something along the lines of what you have said :smile:

I'm not sure myself.. I dunno lol
Reply 7
Original post by izzy610

Hopefully I am able to get at least a few marks for this question :smile:
I think it went well, the only question that got me stumped was the one about state people or organizations that have worked for justice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
I think it went well, the only question that got me stumped was the one about state people or organizations that have worked for justice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used MLK (he organised Civil Rights Protests, for example the Montgomery Bus Boycott, whilst he did this, he was also a baptist at a church during this time so spread his message to fellow Christians)

Also Malcom X for similar reasons but he was Muslim.
Original post by jabire3
I used MLK (he organised Civil Rights Protests, for example the Montgomery Bus Boycott, whilst he did this, he was also a baptist at a church during this time so spread his message to fellow Christians)

Also Malcom X for similar reasons but he was Muslim.

I used Chico Mendes and Shirin Ebadi? I think thats her name haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
who else did this exam? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest