The Student Room Group

Edexcel Astronomy 4th June

Who else is taking this exam?
How confident are you feeling?
What mark did you get on your coursework?

:biggrin:
How's astronomy GCSE? I've never learnt about it...
Reply 2
Original post by Revision Notes
How's astronomy GCSE? I've never learnt about it...

Probably the most interesting GCSE available, as well as one of the hardest. I would definitely recommend taking it - I didn't have a subject teacher for it and just sat the coursework in school and have the exam in school. :smile:
Original post by Parallex
Probably the most interesting GCSE available, as well as one of the hardest. I would definitely recommend taking it - I didn't have a subject teacher for it and just sat the coursework in school and have the exam in school. :smile:

What makes it hard? Is there a lot of stuff to learn?

I'm doing AS now.

What kind of coursework do you do for astronomy? Look at stars through a telescope?
Reply 4
Original post by Revision Notes
What makes it hard? Is there a lot of stuff to learn?

I'm doing AS now.

What kind of coursework do you do for astronomy? Look at stars through a telescope?

Yeah, the amount of stuff that you need to learn is one of the aspects that makes it a hard GCSE. Also the complexity of some of the topics. The calculations can also be difficult to start with, but you get used to them. :wink:

In Physics AS next year I'll take Astrophysics as the optional choice to study also. :smile:

Coursework - there's two parts. One is an aided observation, whilst the other is unaided. You have to do a ~2000 word write-up for each of the observations as well as detailed drawings/sketches. It's pretty damn hard I assure you! :smile:
Reply 5
My exam is on the 4 th of June and I'm feeling confident in my revision, but we don't know what the test will offer sometimes
Reply 6
Bump!

Quick Reply

Latest