The Student Room Group

WHAT EVEN WAS THAT// GCSE Geography Spec B// WJEC// 13.05.14

Yesterday's geography exam was ridiculous. I feel the need to shout a bit:

I HAD BEEN PREPARING FOR THIS EXAM SINCE JANUARY. In fact I was THE MOST prepared out of ANYONE I knew. I had memorised over 150 definitions, knew and could recite all the case studies and processes by heart and was feeling pretty confident as I had done several past papers dating back to 2001 and did pretty well on all of them.

The exam:

So the first question in WJEC geography GCSE is literally always a locate question (you get a diagram of a map with a location pinpointed onto it and you have to describe the location. It wasn't. It was a MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION. Since when have they ever done that?

THEN THE SHOCKER CAME. 6 MARK QUESTIONS.

There were 3 so that's 18 marks all together. Now no one at my school had ever done a 6 mark question before for geography and I asked my teachers today and they both said it was ridiculous and wasn't in the syllabus. I believe my teachers as they are both fantastic and it is likely for WJEC to do that.

Some of the other questions were just so different from anything I had ever learned and it was just hopeless. I feel as if I did awfully.

When I came out of the exam, years 9, 10 and 11 all were in tears and panicking and just in shock over what had happened as their experiences were similarly bad.

HOW COULD THEY DO THIS?? WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE IT SO DRASTICALLY?

IM SO ANGRY

Did anyone have this problem? Share your experience below

:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest