The Student Room Group

Posting parcel to America, help

I didn't know where to post this, but I thought maybe someone could help me.
So basically I'm sending a parcel on Saturday to a friend in America. I don't know where to put the return address, also has anyone got a rough idea of how much it will cost? I've tried googling but it gives me so many different prices. I'm looking to get it there in about 7-10 days and it weighs around/under 2kg. I have more questions but I want to see if anyone actually answers this first, thank you :smile:
Put the return address at the back of the envelope/box (sonewhere on top). It will be cheapest to send with Royal Mail. Go to their website, they have a price calculator which will tell you how much you're going to pay.

Any questions let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RabbitCFH
Put the return address at the back of the envelope/box (sonewhere on top). It will be cheapest to send with Royal Mail. Go to their website, they have a price calculator which will tell you how much you're going to pay.

Any questions let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I put the address on the front of the box or at the top where it opens? I really don't know because I've never sent a parcel before so.. Also if I take it to the post office and tell them I'm sending it to American, they'll put all the labels/Airmail stickers etc stuff that has to go on it?
Original post by fabstrawberry
Do I put the address on the front of the box or at the top where it opens? I really don't know because I've never sent a parcel before so.. Also if I take it to the post office and tell them I'm sending it to American, they'll put all the labels/Airmail stickers etc stuff that has to go on it?

The front with the delivery address and the recipient's name should look something like this:

At the post office they will stick the stamps and a customs declaration label (CN22) on the front.

Regarding pricing, here is what you're going to pay for sending a parcel under 2kg to the US:

Also, what are you sending and how much roughly is it all worth?
The front with the delivery address and the recipient's name should look something like this:

At the post office they will stick the stamps and a customs declaration label (CN22) on the front.

Regarding pricing, here is what you're going to pay for sending a parcel under 2kg to the US:

Also, what are you sending and how much roughly is it all worth?

Thanks! But I'm confused yet again, that label is obviously typed. I thought I would just write it on a normal white label and put it on the box, or would I take the person's address with me to the post office and they would do it? :s-smilie: Also thanks for showing me that, it's mainly just sweets/biscuits/cans of drinks, so worth less than £10 really c:
Thanks! But I'm confused yet again, that label is obviously typed. I thought I would just write it on a normal white label and put it on the box, or would I take the person's address with me to the post office and they would do it? :s-smilie: Also thanks for showing me that, it's mainly just sweets/biscuits/cans of drinks, so worth less than £10 really c:

You can print it or write it with a pen, doesn't matter. You can write it straight on the envelope/box - really makes no difference.

That's fine then, no restricted contents (there is a long list of what you cannot send to other countries - it varies by country too) and a low value. Make sure you write that what you are sending is a gift on the customs label at the post office (the clerk will give it to you to complete and stick on the front of the parcel).
You can print it or write it with a pen, doesn't matter. You can write it straight on the envelope/box - really makes no difference.

That's fine then, no restricted contents (there is a long list of what you cannot send to other countries - it varies by country too) and a low value. Make sure you write that what you are sending is a gift on the customs label at the post office (the clerk will give it to you to complete and stick on the front of the parcel).

Thanks, I posted it today and it came to £23! I was JUST under the 2kg limit thankfully c:
Reply 7
I didn't know where to post this, but I thought maybe someone could help me.
So basically I'm sending a parcel on Saturday to a friend in America. I don't know where to put the return address, also has anyone got a rough idea of how much it will cost? I've tried googling but it gives me so many different prices. I'm looking to get it there in about 7-10 days and it weighs around/under 2kg. I have more questions but I want to see if anyone actually answers this first, thank you :smile:

Return address on the back and then go to the post office, they'll tell you prices rah rah rah.
Reply 8
Thanks, I posted it today and it came to £23! I was JUST under the 2kg limit thankfully c:

Should have sent it by owl, that way you don't need to pay any import duty
Original post by Tom78
Should have sent it by owl, that way you don't need to pay any import duty

I did try, but my owl wouldn't even consider the idea. Rude.

Good job!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending