The Student Room Group

IGCSE Maths Paper 3H - 12th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSEsitter
Good apart from last question

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah same, surprised as I predicted the paper would be very hard as the 3h was rather easy..
Reply 41
Last two questions were hell in my opinion, got the last question with a minute left and didn't get the second last one, but it's only 3 marks so won't be too much trouble!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you get for last one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
what did people get for the 3D trig one?
Original post by anniemp
what did people get for the 3D trig one?

71. something you?
Original post by GCSEsitter
What did you get for last one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3/2(x-1)
Reply 47
Original post by emma_1111
71. something you?

Oh my gosh, same! Yey!
You're wrong... sorry... the answer's 29.1 degrees. The angle was AMB, not AMC as you have done
Original post by thefoodieteen
I got 29.1 as well, and for the very last one, something like 1.5x - 4.5/(x-1)(x-3)..

The answer was 3/2(x-1)... You can simplify you're answer even more, but you'll only lose 1 mark for that
Original post by wizzkid101
The answer was 3/2(x-1)... You can simplify you're answer even more, but you'll only lose 1 mark for that

I know, realised after the exam was over! Thanks though :smile:
Also, a few guys at my school said that the inequality answer was 'm>+/-9.... that's wrong. It's m>9 and m<-9
I'm 100% sure I'm right for that, since I asked my teacher afterwards..
(edited 9 years ago)
I felt it was much better than the 1st one.

Think I may have redeemed my chances of getting an A.
Reply 53
To those who clearly think it's ok to discuss answers before people have taken it, who are doing the same paper in other countries, the angle one your are describing isn't correct as I remember the dimension completely and I have worked out the correct answer
Original post by Jackhay
To those who clearly think it's ok to discuss answers before people have taken it, who are doing the same paper in other countries, the angle one your are describing isn't correct as I remember the dimension completely and I have worked out the correct answer

I checked mine a few times over and I did it again at home as well :smile: If you'd like to discuss just send me a message!
Got 100% in both :biggrin:.
Reply 56
Guys, this thread will be shut down if you continue to divulge answers. We do not want the grade boundaries to go up. People in relatively close Countries will be beginning this exam shortly.
I believe this was the answer to the 2nd last one- It took me a good 15mins to see this one!
Original post by Tizzydag
Got 100% in both :biggrin:.

how do you know?
Original post by emma_1111
how do you know?

He doesn't is the simple answer! Good for you, Tizzydag.

Quick Reply

Latest