The Student Room Group

IGCSE Maths Paper 3H - 12th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

guys I'm pretty sure some people haven't done the paper yet- please refrain from discussing the paper to explicit details (ie. solutions)
Reply 61
Original post by wizzkid101
You're wrong... sorry... the answer's 29.1 degrees. The angle was AMB, not AMC as you have done

I did that too! How many marks do you think would be awarded for that method ?
Original post by Ash7498
I did that too! How many marks do you think would be awarded for that method ?

If you got 71.2 degrees, you'd probably lose 2-3 marks for not identifying the correct angle, however you would get a mark or 2 for working out the length of sides and using the tan rule
Any further answers that need to be discussed, use private message please, can't have the grade boundaries going up!

Hopefully a solutions paper will be released in the next few days like the 3H one.
guys the new answers have been released, shall i post them or what
Reply 65
yes pleasee
Reply 66
yeah!
Original post by thefoodieteen
He doesn't is the simple answer! Good for you, Tizzydag.

coz manz a pro innit.
Have the 3h answers been posted? If so can someone please comment the link? Thanks. :smile: xxx
Reply 69
no
Reply 70
Original post by a-spiringmedic
guys the new answers have been released, shall i post them or what

I believe it's past 4:30AM for the afternoon paper. Can you PM me or link it here please? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did all my solutins in gel ink, is it wrong?
Reply 72
Original post by haiderlashari
I did all my solutins in gel ink, is it wrong?

Same here, not really gel but I used a Uniball Eye Micro. They told me to use a byro last time, but it's my favorite pen :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aacargo
Same here, not really gel but I used a Uniball Eye Micro. They told me to use a byro last time, but it's my favorite pen :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw on the instructions now that gel inks are not allowed, but any way nobody is going to notice it and it will be scanned (hopefully it will appear on the scanner) which is black and white.
Reply 74
Anyone have the mark scheme yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes please
Could someone please post the unofficial mark scheme for the 4h paper. Please
Original post by canadafaizan
Could someone please post the unofficial mark scheme for the 4h paper. Please

This wasn't created by me, but I saw it on another 4H thread so here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ahh52vvxrch7kg/IGCSE%204H%20solutions.pdf
Does anyone know what the minimum grade boundary would potentially be for an A or an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HearMeRoar
Does anyone know what the minimum grade boundary would potentially be for an A or an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For an A, I'm guessing 60-64ish, and for an A*, I'm guessing 82-84ish! Hopefully that's of use :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest