The Student Room Group

Weekend driving test

HI guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of a weekend driving test, what was it like? Are roads quieter?
Reply 1
Original post by Snowmadsam
HI guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of a weekend driving test, what was it like? Are roads quieter?

I did my test at 8am on a Thursday morning...just wanted to get the test done :tongue: So I haven't had a weekend test, but I'd say the roads are generally alright on a weekend, not completely quiet, but quieter than during the week where I live - it'll vary between places probably.

Around 10-11am is probably the quietest time during the week, people are at work/school by then...as long as you're not hitting rush hour or the start/end of school, should be fine :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Tappouni
I did my test at 8am on a Thursday morning...just wanted to get the test done :tongue: So I haven't had a weekend test, but I'd say the roads are generally alright on a weekend, not completely quiet, but quieter than during the week where I live - it'll vary between places probably.

Around 10-11am is probably the quietest time during the week, people are at work/school by then...as long as you're not hitting rush hour or the start/end of school, should be fine :biggrin:

haha, no chance of school being on on a saturday haha!!! It was rather rushed, but thats cause I'm at uni and I have to be out of halls pretty much one week after exams so I kinda landed it on my driving instructor today if I could do it next week. And he's off on holiday so I won't get a chance to do it. I would rather have a shot at it and fail than wait ages.
Reply 3
haha, no chance of school being on on a saturday haha!!! It was rather rushed, but thats cause I'm at uni and I have to be out of halls pretty much one week after exams so I kinda landed it on my driving instructor today if I could do it next week. And he's off on holiday so I won't get a chance to do it. I would rather have a shot at it and fail than wait ages.

Yeah exactly, no schools on Saturday, so you wouldn't have that problem on the weekend :tongue: Not sure if a week is enough in advance to book it? Normally for the test centre I went to, you have to book around 4-6 weeks in advance, but I managed to snap up a cancellation :wink: Weekends may be different though.

If you feel you're ready for the test, and your instructor thinks you are, might as well give it a shot. And if you don't pass first time, you'll know where you went wrong, and what you've got to do next time :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah exactly, no schools on Saturday, so you wouldn't have that problem on the weekend :tongue: Not sure if a week is enough in advance to book it? Normally for the test centre I went to, you have to book around 4-6 weeks in advance, but I managed to snap up a cancellation :wink: Weekends may be different though.

If you feel you're ready for the test, and your instructor thinks you are, might as well give it a shot. And if you don't pass first time, you'll know where you went wrong, and what you've got to do next time :smile:

I have done a test once so I know what to do. I'm not talking to the driving examiner, and I'll take some kalms cause I started out fine but by the middle of test I was shaking badly.

My instructor said I can do it. I'm having lessons on thursday and friday - 2 2 hour lessons. :smile:
Reply 5
I have done a test once so I know what to do. I'm not talking to the driving examiner, and I'll take some kalms cause I started out fine but by the middle of test I was shaking badly.

My instructor said I can do it. I'm having lessons on thursday and friday - 2 2 hour lessons. :smile:

Ah :s-smilie: Well if your instructor says you can do it, and you feel up to it, I'd say go for it! :biggrin: Sounds like you've had plenty of lessons, so you might as well just get another test booked and hopefully get it done and out the way :smile:
Reply 6
Ah :s-smilie: Well if your instructor says you can do it, and you feel up to it, I'd say go for it! :biggrin: Sounds like you've had plenty of lessons, so you might as well just get another test booked and hopefully get it done and out the way :smile:

I suffer badly from anxiety so kalms will help! I just hope that I pass 2nd time :smile:
Reply 7
I suffer badly from anxiety so kalms will help! I just hope that I pass 2nd time :smile:

Yeah Kalms should help :smile: You should be fine - you've done it once, so you know what they're expecting...good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending