The Student Room Group

OCR RS Philosophy and Ethics A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amberlake
I really struggle with the subject, I feel there is so much content to know!!
I've been selectively revising and have chosen not to revise miracles (such a big chapter!!) and also revaluation through holly scriptures (hardly ever comes up)
For ethics, I've also chosen not to revise environmental and business ethics (purely because it wasn't taught well and I refuse to teach it to myself despite the fact it does come up nearly every year!)
This means that if there two topics do come up I will have to do the other two question.
Is anyone else doing this or am I being to risky and should try to revise everything :/ ??

Im not revising business or environment as it was taught as a last minute rush.
Really screwed for this exam as I will have to revise all of it the whole day I get off before the exam. Any ideas on which topics you think will come up?!
Original post by Amberlake
I really struggle with the subject, I feel there is so much content to know!!
I've been selectively revising and have chosen not to revise miracles (such a big chapter!!) and also revaluation through holly scriptures (hardly ever comes up)
For ethics, I've also chosen not to revise environmental and business ethics (purely because it wasn't taught well and I refuse to teach it to myself despite the fact it does come up nearly every year!)
This means that if there two topics do come up I will have to do the other two question.
Is anyone else doing this or am I being to risky and should try to revise everything :/ ??

LOL. If it makes you feel any better.. I'm only revising certain things from each topic.. I'm taking such a MASSIVE risk bahah. Like for example..

With religious language- I've only made notes for verification, falsification, via negativa and Paul Tillich on signs and symbols.

for attributes- only omnipotence. (Might try do another attribute before exam)

Done whole of life after death but not Hick.

No revelation notes or religious experience (might do some)

Miracles- only Hume and Wiles

And that's it atm! Hahah
Original post by chowkat
Hi everyone, I'm feeling really stressed about RS. I just can't seem to remember everything, especially the topic on life after death which was the last topic our teacher went through. On the whole, the topics this year are much harder than last year's. I am probably going into the exam room knowing 3-4 topics well and hoping that there are two questions on them.

Same! I'm going to have to leave all my revision for it for the day before :/
Original post by Ssoph
hey guys, I am a bit confused about business ethics.. like what qs could they ask that is not applied to one of the ethical theories. eg in the spec it says we need to know about business and consumers.. could that be a whole qs? if so would you just bring in the ethical theories? also can conscience come up with business ethics? thanksss

They would have to ask one with application to the ethical theories I'm assuming. Buisness and sexual ethics are application theories, kind of like how we had to do IVF and Euthanasia last year.

They may mean we have to know about the ethical relationship between business and the consumer- from various ethical views. So if the statement was 'Kantian ethics is the best way to approach business ethics'. You would have to bring in Kant, but also you need to criticise Kant with other theories. E.g. utilitarianism may give the 'best' approach to business ethics. or virtue.

Yeah, I guess the conscience can. You could talk about it when discussing the relationships between business and consumers- like the need to be truthful to consumers. Hypothesise with if it's the 'voice of God'?
But I wouldn't personally go too much into the conscience. I'd stick to making links with normative ethics.
:smile:
How would you get 35 marks out of a question such as ""Vision are not caused by God but can be exaplined by science." Discuss"

Also, do people have any predictions for this exam?
Original post by appleduck
How would you get 35 marks out of a question such as ""Vision are not caused by God but can be exaplined by science." Discuss"

Also, do people have any predictions for this exam?

Not sure you'd get 35 marks but basically you'd use the work of Freud and the whole psychological debate
Does anybody know where I could find model answers that received good marks?
Does anybody know where I could find model answers that received good marks?

Are you revising last minute?
Original post by Aleena-15103
Are you revising last minute?

Yeah, why do you ask?
Yeah, why do you ask?

I'm revising it the day before, bahaha
I'm feeling confident... I just need to go other revelation, myths and reincarnation before the exam, I do think I would avoid attributes of God question though :smile:

I'm hoping for any religious langauge question, the proofs of religious experience, Hume and miracles, Wiles and miracles, Holland and the debate between monism and dualism, also ressurection :smile: They would all be gems in the exam - if two of them came up I would sing to the Gods! (in fact I think I would have my own personal experience, or form of miracle, in the exam....
Right now I am panicking... Who is holland and what did he say about monism and dualism.. I can't find anything in my book or my notes?!
In.

I got 177/200 ums last year, and now I've left it really late to start cramming this year. Philosophy is in 5 days, and if I were to take an exam right now, I would get Us on both essays. My knowledge, along with writing skills really is that poor atm. I gotta hit the revision hard next 5 days.
Original post by miscwhatdo
In.

I got 177/200 ums last year, and now I've left it really late to start cramming this year. Philosophy is in 5 days, and if I were to take an exam right now, I would get Us on both essays. My knowledge, along with writing skills really is that poor atm. I gotta hit the revision hard next 5 days.

I'm in the same position apart from different UMS points last year. But I have an exam on Monday so won't be able to do any philosophy apart from a whole day tomorrow.
Original post by Shannon1329
Right now I am panicking... Who is holland and what did he say about monism and dualism.. I can't find anything in my book or my notes?!

Didn't even know someone called that existed in philosophy. Oops.
I'm in the same position apart from different UMS points last year. But I have an exam on Monday so won't be able to do any philosophy apart from a whole day tomorrow.

what ums did you get last year? if my maths isn't deceiving me, i need 143/200 ums to average out an a over all. assuming i do very well on the ethics (which is 8 days after philosophy), say 90ums, i only need about 53 ums to get an a...
still though, we both gotta hit the revision very hard.
what ums did you get last year? if my maths isn't deceiving me, i need 143/200 ums to average out an a over all. assuming i do very well on the ethics (which is 8 days after philosophy), say 90ums, i only need about 53 ums to get an a...
still though, we both gotta hit the revision very hard.

195/200 and yeah you can literally get a C in one paper and do well in the other paper and still get an A overall! I'm seriously hoping that I'll just get lucky with the topics this year :'( but feel so unprepared. Haven't even finished writing notes for philosophy yet let alone learning it. How's your revision going?
195/200 and yeah you can literally get a C in one paper and do well in the other paper and still get an A overall! I'm seriously hoping that I'll just get lucky with the topics this year :'( but feel so unprepared. Haven't even finished writing notes for philosophy yet let alone learning it. How's your revision going?
lol everyone manages to do better than me for some reason. i'm haven't started revising yet, but i will do in like an hour or so. i think 5 days is enough if you work hard, and more importantly work smart. i know some people who revise for months and turn out with Us and some people who revise 3 days before an exam and get Bs+ etc. so yeah, i just thank my parents i was blessed with decent intelligence.
i could explain to you how much i don't know, in fact i will, i don't know anything about religious language. anything. i don't even know any names for that. so yeah, just to let you know where i'm at.
lol everyone manages to do better than me for some reason. i'm haven't started revising yet, but i will do in like an hour or so. i think 5 days is enough if you work hard, and more importantly work smart. i know some people who revise for months and turn out with Us and some people who revise 3 days before an exam and get Bs+ etc. so yeah, i just thank my parents i was blessed with decent intelligence.
i could explain to you how much i don't know, in fact i will, i don't know anything about religious language. anything. i don't even know any names for that. so yeah, just to let you know where i'm at.

Hahahaha. Awh man, the only topics I've done for that are verification and falsification and via negativa and signs and symbols. I don't understand how people revise 6/6 topics.. Or even 5 tbh.. I'm not gunna have enough time to get done 5 :s-smilie: feel so screwed. My teacher predicted what was going to come up so hope she's right tbh. And you can get A LOT done in 5 days. You'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending