The Student Room Group

OCR RS Philosophy and Ethics A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ASKid
Teacher predicted conscience and sexual and environment, so if conscience and sexual come up, ur good to go!

Oooh thanks for this! wouldn't mind an environment question.. but I have feeling it'll be with virtue and if so, I will cry haha
Ethics exam is in around nine hours

People are still discussing philosophy

And to make things worse I can't sleep.

I am unprepared for this.............

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by micksocurly
WOAH 195?! You only need a C! Aw thanks, fingers crossed or else no uni for me haha. You probably got waaay more than 10 marks :tongue: I'm sure you'll do well tomorrow too :smile:! What does your uni need for grades etc?

I need 85 UMS in this paper to get an A :frown: because philosophy is deffo an E if I'm lucky. And I really hope it goes well for us both! Good luck :biggrin: which uni have you applied for?

And erm I need ABB :frown: however, the other 2 subjects I do are biology and chemistry so I deffo know I haven't got that! Wbu?
Original post by JonnyD
Ethics exam is in around nine hours

People are still discussing philosophy

And to make things worse I can't sleep.

I am unprepared for this.............

Posted from TSR Mobile

Count sheep! Or even better.. All the ethicist names because this subject is so great.
Does anybody else struggle with sleeping when they have an exam :frown:
Original post by Amberlake
Does anybody else struggle with sleeping when they have an exam :frown:

Thought you were planning a one nighter tho?
Original post by CakeIsthebest
I need 85 UMS in this paper to get an A :frown: because philosophy is deffo an E if I'm lucky. And I really hope it goes well for us both! Good luck :biggrin: which uni have you applied for?

And erm I need ABB :frown: however, the other 2 subjects I do are biology and chemistry so I deffo know I haven't got that! Wbu?

Ahh, 85! Still doable! Uni of Birm and you?

I do sociology and psychology, and again, no idea how they went. Psychology was the one I really had to try for, but I'm not sure I got there- I need 3A's :frown:
Oooh Chemistry! How was that? I heard alot of people saying the exam was pretty grim; ah science, definitely not my forte haha. And biology is on friday right?
Ahh, 85! Still doable! Uni of Birm and you?

I do sociology and psychology, and again, no idea how they went. Psychology was the one I really had to try for, but I'm not sure I got there- I need 3A's :frown:
Oooh Chemistry! How was that? I heard alot of people saying the exam was pretty grim; ah science, definitely not my forte haha. And biology is on friday right?

At least someone has hope! Ahah, it's very doable for you too to get that A! And ahh.. You don't know that yet. I've heard some of the grade boundaries for psych aren't too high? So you may have done better than you think. Nicee, Birmingham seems fab :biggrin:

It was the subject I tried hardest for and found it horrendous. I'm on edexcel for it... And there's been rage for both the A2 papers this year.

Yep :frown: :frown: :frown: you know your factss!
At least someone has hope! Ahah, it's very doable for you too to get that A! And ahh.. You don't know that yet. I've heard some of the grade boundaries for psych aren't too high? So you may have done better than you think. Nicee, Birmingham seems fab :biggrin:

It was the subject I tried hardest for and found it horrendous. I'm on edexcel for it... And there's been rage for both the A2 papers this year.

Yep :frown: :frown: :frown: you know your factss!

I have quite a few friends studying for biology :tongue:. They aren't too high, but leaves room for little mistakes! Birmingham's great but if not, I'm off to Kent haha. Where are you looking to go? and what course? :smile:

Perhaps if the chemistry exam was hard, the grade boundaries will be low? i'm not too familiar with how edexcel works
I have quite a few friends studying for biology :tongue:. They aren't too high, but leaves room for little mistakes! Birmingham's great but if not, I'm off to Kent haha. Where are you looking to go? and what course? :smile:

Perhaps if the chemistry exam was hard, the grade boundaries will be low? i'm not too familiar with how edexcel works

LOL. That says it all.. No one does edexcel because it's ridiculous so not many people know about it. All the sane schools do OCR or AQA because they have common sense!

And ooo, that doesn't sound too bad. I hope you make it to Birmingham though. I'd Love to go to Queen Mary university of London to do biomedical sciences. (: are you still revising for ethics?
LOL. That says it all.. No one does edexcel because it's ridiculous so not many people know about it. All the sane schools do OCR or AQA because they have common sense!

And ooo, that doesn't sound too bad. I hope you make it to Birmingham though. I'd Love to go to Queen Mary university of London to do biomedical sciences. (: are you still revising for ethics?

Haha, I had the board when I did politics at AS (not good..). Hope you get to QMUL too :smile:
I'm contemplating whether to do an all nighter or not.. wbu?
Haha, I had the board when I did politics at AS (not good..). Hope you get to QMUL too :smile:
I'm contemplating whether to do an all nighter or not.. wbu?

Aha! Yeah.. I think it depends on which subjects it's for. Thanks man! Will need a miracle for that.

I am! I might nap later or just get 1 hour at 5ish. Depends on how you personally handle all nighters I guess!
Hello revision.. I know it's late at night but please can you go in?

deffo losing it.
Original post by askid
only starting revision now, yay me :smile:

woop woop
I'm attempting the question "Virtue Ethics is of little use when dealing with practical ethics." Discuss. What are practical ethics?
Original post by -Starry_Skies-
I'm attempting the question "Virtue Ethics is of little use when dealing with practical ethics." Discuss. What are practical ethics?

To me.. That basically means any practical application of the theory. For example.. Applying it to moral issues such as euthanasia or whatever
Reply 1596
Is there even a point of me cramming revision anymore?
Original post by ASKid
Is there even a point of me cramming revision anymore?

YESSSS. How come you started revision a couple of hours ago?
Reply 1598
Had a Nap, up to do more cramming :frown:
Reply 1599
think i'm the only one here, *awks* just going to have to talk to myself to try and keep myself sane :smile:)))))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending