The Student Room Group

OCR RS Philosophy and Ethics A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheesusCrust
UCAS track is supposed to be on from 8. But apparently they can 'open' a bit earlier.

****, I can't believe it's tomorrow..

Cheers! I know, it has come around so fast! Edexcel need to release their grade boundaries, I want to see the boundaries for maths!
Grade boundaries out!

Philosophy:
A 52
B 46
C 40
D 32
E 25

Ethics:
A 52
B 47
C 42
D 37
E 33

Surprised that philosophy and ethics are both 52 for an A, but it looks to be fairly low! Now from all this excitement I have forgotten how to calculate how many marks for an A* lol. Someone help! :biggrin:

Yep, Phil of Religion is up a little from 2013, Rel Eth is down a little!

There's an OCR doc with the 90% points, they're different by one mark. Linked in the grade boundaries thread...
Grade boundaries out!

Philosophy:
A 52
B 46
C 40
D 32
E 25

Ethics:
A 52
B 47
C 42
D 37
E 33

Surprised that philosophy and ethics are both 52 for an A, but it looks to be fairly low! Now from all this excitement I have forgotten how to calculate how many marks for an A* lol. Someone help! :biggrin:

Is it out of 70?
Original post by Emily Martha
Is it out of 70?

Yes.
Grade boundaries out!

Philosophy:
A 52
B 46
C 40
D 32
E 25

Ethics:
A 52
B 47
C 42
D 37
E 33

At least 63 on both papers (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YorkshireLad.
At least 63 on both papers (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 58 for philosophy and 57 for ethics for A* apparently. You just add the difference between A and B to the A.
It's 58 for philosophy and 57 for ethics for A* apparently. You just add the difference between A and B to the A.

Ah right my bad, I always thought it was just 90% lol, thanks for clearing that up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries out!

Philosophy:
A 52
B 46
C 40
D 32
E 25

Ethics:
A 52
B 47
C 42
D 37
E 33

We picked 2 questions... how many marks was it out of? I'm sure it was 50, 25 marks each, per question?

To get an A* you need to get basically full marks at AS and then get 90% worth of marks in your A2 topics. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
We picked 2 questions... how many marks was it out of? I'm sure it was 50, 25 marks each, per question?

To get an A* you need to get basically full marks at AS and then get 90% worth of marks in your A2 topics. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

A2 questions are 35 marks each, 70 total.

For an A* you need 80% average in both AS and A2, but also you need 90% average in A2.

So you could get away with 70% at AS and 100% at A2, that would be A*. If you get 90% at A2, you need 80% at AS.
goood luck guys!!!! :smile: xxx
Hahahaha..... You are ****ting me OCR...

****ing great grades! C and a D (B overall)! Especially ethics. Getting 30+ marks on similar essays on those topics in class but no.... ****. Clearing, I'm coming.
I got an A overall - an A in Philosophy and a D in Ethics... relieved that I got an A, but still sad as I didn't get into my firm choice :frown:
Reply 1792
Could someone remind me what the questions were for the a2 philosophy paper?
Reply 1793
I got a B overall, but I was so very close to an A which slightly annoys me, especially since as I did so well last year. I got a D in philosophy :frown: which was to be expected as that paper was awful, but I got an A in ethics which I was very surprised by. Very happy that I got into Exeter my firm choice :smile::smile:
Defo getting a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
lots of people seemed happy getting their results today... i am definitely happy with philosophy and ethics, thought i would get like 60 ums on both (srs) anyway, i cant end my day without posting on here so:

AS (last year) I got
Philosophy 100 ums
Ethics 77 ums

A2
Philosophy 100 ums
Ethics 64

Praise the lord
Wow, I got a D in the Ethics A2 paper. Still got into Uni, but a bit confused by that result.
Original post by Nina95
Could someone remind me what the questions were for the a2 philosophy paper?

I can't give you the exact questions. If you want those ones, you will have to look back at this thread from when we took the exam.

Topics were:

1. How far is Numinous experience more reliable than [insert another experience here] experience?
2. Dualism vs. Monism
3. Miracles
4. I can't remember
Quite shocked that I got a B!!!!!!! I literally came out that exam hall thinking I totally cocked up Philosophy and it was defo gonna be an E/U! Turns out I got a D!

AS:
Philosophy - A, full marks
Ethics (retake) - C, 63

A2:
Philosophy - D, 50
Ethics - B, 72

I actually got a B! I despised that subject! Kinda annoyed I got a C for Lit, when I wanna do that at uni, and a B for phil when I was predicted a B for Lit and a C for Philo/Ethics!
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Quite shocked that I got a B!!!!!!! I literally came out that exam hall thinking I totally cocked up Philosophy and it was defo gonna be an E/U! Turns out I got a D!

AS:
Philosophy - A, full marks
Ethics (retake) - C, 63

A2:
Philosophy - D, 50
Ethics - B, 72

I actually got a B! I despised that subject! Kinda annoyed I got a C for Lit, when I wanna do that at uni, and a B for phil when I was predicted a B for Lit and a C for Philo/Ethics!

lol well done! im totally surprised i got 100 for philosophy! i picked monism/dualism and miracles. i would have been happy with around 70 with this one, i really thought i screwed it up! lol! got U's all year in my essays, just waiting to see my teacher some time soon to rub it in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending