The Student Room Group

I'm looking for links to unofficial answers to c1 may 2014 edexcel.

I'm looking for links to unofficial answers to c1 may 2014 edexcel. the exam was today, I'm expecting to get 100% but still want to take a look, thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by q2uinn
I'm looking for links to unofficial answers to c1 may 2014 edexcel. the exam was today, I'm expecting to get 100% but still want to take a look, thanks

The exam was not very difficult but yeah, it would be nice to know.
Reply 2
Original post by Maannashon
The exam was not very difficult but yeah, it would be nice to know.

did you get n=91? I did that question kind of fast because initially i read it wrong, so had to try again.
Original post by q2uinn
did you get n=91? I did that question kind of fast because initially i read it wrong, so had to try again.

Which question was that?
Reply 4
Original post by q2uinn

I got n=10 we had to write the year apparently which would've been 2009 but it didn't read that part :'(
Reply 5
Original post by Maannashon
Which question was that?

I think it might have been 6/7,
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by randomm1
I got n=10 we had to write the year apparently which would've been 2009 but it didn't read that part :'(

what question are you talking about?
Reply 7
Original post by q2uinn

The sequences one.. About computers I think.. And the very last part of it where the number of computers sold was 3x the price
Original post by q2uinn

the answer was n=10
year was 2009
Reply 9
Original post by randomm1
The sequences one.. About computers I think.. And the very last part of it where the number of computers sold was 3x the price

basic maths letting me down, i think ill get at least 2 method marks though
Link me with any links kk thanks
Reply 11
Original post by Mushto
I think you may have fallen into the trap of using the same value for a and d where actually the values for a and d were actually different for either side of the equation.

no i just didnt write the values, i think they were 900 and 150
Reply 12
Sigh, can you guys not wait 1 hour 39 minutes, STOP discussing the exam until 12am GMT, read the rules please..

The unofficial mark scheme will be published VERY soon.
Reply 13
Original post by rasil23
Sigh, can you guys not wait 1 hour 39 minutes, STOP discussing the exam until 12am GMT, read the rules please..

where will it be published also why do we have to wait unitl 12?
Reply 14
Original post by q2uinn
where will it be published also why do we have to wait unitl 12?

It's to do with international timezones, and it will be posted in this section or the maths exam section

Some people could be doing the exam at this time due to timezone difference, and if we discuss the answers before everyone has done the exam, we are only making it harder for ourselves as grade boundaries will be higher.
Reply 15
Original post by rasil23
It's to do with international timezones, and it will be posted in this section or the maths exam section

Some people could be doing the exam at this time due to timezone difference, and if we discuss the answers before everyone has done the exam, we are only making it harder for ourselves as grade boundaries will be higher.

edexcel has 2 sets of papers normal and international, normal probably being europe and international anywhere else.
Reply 16
Original post by rasil23

I thought the rule was 12 hours after the UK sitting in which case we are past that
Reply 17
Original post by q2uinn
edexcel has 2 sets of papers normal and international, normal probably being europe and international anywhere else.

Yeah, but some international students also sit the standard paper.
Reply 18
Original post by Mushto
I thought the rule was 12 hours after the UK sitting in which case we are past that

The rule is for morning exams you can discuss answers after 12:00am gmt

for afternoon exams, you can discuss answers after 04:00am gmt
Reply 19
Original post by rasil23
The rule is for morning exams you can discuss answers after 12:00am gmt

for afternoon exams, you can discuss answers after 04:00am gmt

first time i've heard of this but fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest