The Student Room Group

OCR B GCSE History Paper 2 tomorrow - How we feeling?

Scroll to see replies

I was stupid and left only 10 minutes for the 12 marker. Do you think there's any chance of getting an A still?
Reply 21
Original post by SgtStiffler
I was stupid and left only 10 minutes for the 12 marker. Do you think there's any chance of getting an A still?

Yes, it's not impossible. You didn't have to write loads, you just had to make sure you cross referenced, used contextual knowledge and referred to the question each time you made a point. As long as you wrote relevant stuff and structured it properly I don't see why you couldn't get an A!
Original post by AKaur98
Yes, it's not impossible. You didn't have to write loads, you just had to make sure you cross referenced, used contextual knowledge and referred to the question each time you made a point. As long as you wrote relevant stuff and structured it properly I don't see why you couldn't get an A!

I rushed two paragraphs, one saying about 2 sources supporting the statement and one saying 2 against and I explained why. I'm worried that the last question will drag the grade down a lot as the rest of the paper went well!
Original post by Hollywhiteee
I was convinced it would be on women's suffrage and when I opened my paper it was like a slap to the face ahaha, but the questions were quite nice, apart from the May 1915 one! What happened then??? I waffled about munitions shortage and a decrease in recruits but didn't end up writing that much!

I was pretty much expecting the home front because it hasn't been on for a while and it's also 100 years since the war began.
Reply 24
I rushed two paragraphs, one saying about 2 sources supporting the statement and one saying 2 against and I explained why. I'm worried that the last question will drag the grade down a lot as the rest of the paper went well!

I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you didn't write bull**** you should be fine.

Last year you roughly needed 140/184 for an A and 160/184 for an A*..I think..anyone got any ideas what the grade boundaries will be this year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AKaur98
I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you didn't write bull**** you should be fine.

Last year you roughly needed 140/184 for an A and 160/184 for an A*..I think..anyone got any ideas what the grade boundaries will be this year?

They are usually 1-3 above the previous exams, this is a pattern you see with many subjects.
overall the paper seemed pretty easy. i wrote 11 pages out of the 12 in the answer book they gave us
Original post by thatgr
overall the paper seemed pretty easy. i wrote 11 pages out of the 12 in the answer book they gave us

It was easy but I ran out of time!
It was easy but I ran out of time!

i write really fast, i finished it 20 minutes early, i finish most exams early because i write fast but unneatly lmao

Quick Reply

Latest