The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got told that for Biology I needed graph paper. Also got told I have to buy a lab caost for Bio and Chem. Apart from that just pens, lots of paper, and files for each subject.
whats a level arch file? i apoligise if its a stupid question
Dr_Evil_666

It's a bigger version of a normal ringbinder file.
Reply 43
Dr_Evil_666

The correct term is a lever arch file and this is due to the binding structure being, literally, a metal arch that is opened and closed by a lever mechanism that is operated manually. The excitement of it all is almost too much to bear! :rolleyes:
Reply 44
Got lots of stationary today, most of it buy one get one free, yay, the highlight of my shopping trip:biggrin: :rolleyes: .
pens, loada of papers, like those pads u get, buy like 20 of em cos u need it in as and a2, ruler, pencil, if ur doing academic sub then buy mostly pen, ruler, pencil, rubber stuff like dat, if ur into art, well... then ur teacher sud tell u wat to buy etc. gd luck
Reply 46
Oh I *love* stationary!!

I have a really cute partners pencil case with different coloured pens to make my notes a bit more readable. As well as a few black bics (my perfect exam pen!), erm ruler, pink mini hole puncher, pencil etc etc...and tippex!!
I'm a bit of a girly girl so have the obligatory fluffy pen from paper chase.
I have a folder for each module or sub module then I also buy a huge file for each subject which I decant notes into as we finish module (My big folders also contain past papers etc). The folders are are in loads of different shades of pink etc, really bright colours to cheer me up!

I also use loads and loads of bright dividers, make it seem more manageable and breaks it down a bit!

I buy loads of tesco value pads for regurgitating notes on when revising (I got through about 4 of these when revising for AS!). Day to day I bring to college a good quality lined, punched paper pad, I can't have cheap paper because I press on my pen really hard so the paper often rips, or just gets tatty!

So if I have three lessons I'll bring my college diary, 3 folders, pencil case, note pad and relevant text books. no wonder my shoulder hurts!
Reply 47
smoothie
Oh I *love* stationary!!

I have a really cute partners pencil case with different coloured pens to make my notes a bit more readable. As well as a few black bics (my perfect exam pen!), erm ruler, pink mini hole puncher, pencil etc etc...and tippex!!
I'm a bit of a girly girl so have the obligatory fluffy pen from paper chase.
I have a folder for each module or sub module then I also buy a huge file for each subject which I decant notes into as we finish module (My big folders also contain past papers etc). The folders are are in loads of different shades of pink etc, really bright colours to cheer me up!

I also use loads and loads of bright dividers, make it seem more manageable and breaks it down a bit!

I buy loads of tesco value pads for regurgitating notes on when revising (I got through about 4 of these when revising for AS!). Day to day I bring to college a good quality lined, punched paper pad, I can't have cheap paper because I press on my pen really hard so the paper often rips, or just gets tatty!

So if I have three lessons I'll bring my college diary, 3 folders, pencil case, note pad and relevant text books. no wonder my shoulder hurts!

I got all mine yesterday from WHSmith, it was heaving so obviously everyone had thye same idea. I have taken note of your Top tips and bought a small holepunch. Should be useful as its something i didnt have last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending