The Student Room Group

Change in income

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation here.

So, in my mum's old job, she was earning above the amount that qualifies for a maintenance loan, so according to the tax year student finance is measured against, I'd only receive £3,610. She's started a new job this year and is now earning significantly less than this. I'm not aware of how much she is earning, but I do know that I'd now qualify for a significant amount of maintenance loan.

If I stick with the £3,610, I'd be £1,390 down on accommodation ALONE, let alone living costs...

How do I fix this scenario before May 30th?
Reply 1
You can register a Change of Circumstances to give your Mum's new income. Phone SF - they'll be able to get the process started for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
You can register a Change of Circumstances to give your Mum's new income. Phone SF - they'll be able to get the process started for you.

Brilliant - thank you! Honestly been feeling sick just thinking about how I'd be able to survive next year...
Wrong information.
A wage cut alone is not enough, she has to be earning at least 15% less than previously and even then you ask for a current year assessment. You have to be assessed on her old income, then on her estimate of her new one. At the end of the year she has to provide evidence of earnings and if she earned more than she claimed you have to give back the over allowance of grant or loan.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending