The Student Room Group

Mcs project & enterprise management at ucl 2014 interview?

Hey there... internet. I have just had an email saying: Dear applicant,

"many thanks for your application for a place on the MSc Project & Enterprise Management programme (MSc PEM) here in the Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management, UCL.
Dr Stephen Pryke, would like to telephone you for a short, informal chat about the programme. ".

Okay so i was wondering a few things, has anyone else had this email?! is this email a telephone interview (hmmmm, im pretty sure it is but still, hmmm) AND if anyone has had this interview.... could a brother get a little help? what kinda questions we talking? LASTLY i have seen some chat about there being essays to do.. is this legit?

i thank you in advance for your responses!!
Original post by flockofseagulls
Hey there... internet. I have just had an email saying: Dear applicant, "many thanks for your application for a place on the MSc Project & Enterprise Management programme (MSc PEM) here in the Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management, UCL. Dr Stephen Pryke, would like to telephone you for a short, informal chat about the programme. ".Okay so i was wondering a few things, has anyone else had this email?! is this email a telephone interview (hmmmm, im pretty sure it is but still, hmmm) AND if anyone has had this interview.... could a brother get a little help? what kinda questions we talking? LASTLY i have seen some chat about there being essays to do.. is this legit?i thank you in advance for your responses!!
Hey There,I have received the exact same mail; my phone conversation will be held on Friday 6th; when is yours ?
Reply 2
Did anyone of you receiving an offer for this programme yet? My interview last just 5 mins. How about you guys? I was told that the chance of chosen for this course is 8:1.
Original post by holmes91
Did anyone of you receiving an offer for this programme yet? My interview last just 5 mins. How about you guys? I was told that the chance of chosen for this course is 8:1.

Hey Dude, Its been moved to tomorrow! how did yours go? what kinda **** they ask?
Original post by Mapilarazo
Hey There,I have received the exact same mail; my phone conversation will be held on Friday 6th; when is yours ?

hey how did it go? what they ask?
Reply 5
Hey Dude, Its been moved to tomorrow! how did yours go? what kinda **** they ask?

Why did they move yours? Well, they ask sort of basic questions like why choose this programme and what do you know about project management and what are your plans in the future. Then if you have any enquiry about the programme you could ask them in the phone conversation. Gosh, I really don't know about mine. Best of luck to you!

Btw what is your first degree?
Why did they move yours? Well, they ask sort of basic questions like why choose this programme and what do you know about project management and what are your plans in the future. Then if you have any enquiry about the programme you could ask them in the phone conversation. Gosh, I really don't know about mine. Best of luck to you!

Btw what is your first degree?

They didn't really give me a reason!? They said due to some unexpected commitment. Ah good luck to you too!! i'm sure you will have done great. I am kind of nervous. I did Management & Marketing, How about you? Was the chat super-short?
Reply 7
They didn't really give me a reason!? They said due to some unexpected commitment. Ah good luck to you too!! i'm sure you will have done great. I am kind of nervous. I did Management & Marketing, How about you? Was the chat super-short?

Hahaha I'm sure they have hell lots of applicants to deal with at this stage. The guy who interviewed me was a senior lecturer tho, not the Pryke guy. Initially, I was expecting the chat to last about 15 to 20 mins long, that's why I've prepared a list of testimonies so I wouldn't run out of points or ideas. Guess my nerves had screwed it up!

Mine was engineering. Did you do your first degree in the UK? Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow.
Ah okay, sweet well hopefully It goes okay!! Yeah I gotta get preparing!! I had written a bunch of stuff as well about like recent construction projects etc, but I may as well just concentrate on why I wanna do the course! Yeah I did, I went to Royal Holloway University of London, how about you? Yeah I will let you know how it went, thanks man!
Reply 9
Ah okay, sweet well hopefully It goes okay!! Yeah I gotta get preparing!! I had written a bunch of stuff as well about like recent construction projects etc, but I may as well just concentrate on why I wanna do the course! Yeah I did, I went to Royal Holloway University of London, how about you? Yeah I will let you know how it went, thanks man!

Hi there again, how did your interview go? Did they ask you to write an essay or so? what else did you ask?
Hi there again, how did your interview go? Did they ask you to write an essay or so? what else did you ask?

Hey I think it went okay! Just asked me about school subjects and about what I wanna do after etc. No essay through !? Did they ask you to do one? You heard anything yet?
I got in! Who else is joining?
Reply 12
I got in! Who else is joining?

Hi, congratulations, i have gotten in too. See you in September! Want to add each other on facebook?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending