The Student Room Group

Secondary school leaver, apprenticeship or college?

Recently,I have been extremely upset as I am unsure what step to take next after I have completed my GCSEs and left secondary school. I have been to interviews and have secured a few options however; I am very unsure what pathway to take. I need some advice as to which one would be most beneficial.

My options:

Apprenticeship with a successful company to gain a Level 2 NVQ certificate in business administration with the potential to do Level 3. All learning will take place at work not at college.

Go to college to study:
BTEC national diploma in interactive media - Creative media (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

BTEC extended diploma in business (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

PLEASE HELP!! I need opinions!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by celiag123
Recently,I have been extremely upset as I am unsure what step to take next after I have completed my GCSEs and left secondary school. I have been to interviews and have secured a few options however; I am very unsure what pathway to take. I need some advice as to which one would be most beneficial.

My options:

Apprenticeship with a successful company to gain a Level 2 NVQ certificate in business administration with the potential to do Level 3. All learning will take place at work not at college.

Go to college to study:
BTEC national diploma in interactive media - Creative media (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

BTEC extended diploma in business (LEVEL 3) - UCAS points collected from this and is equivalent to a certain amount of A-levels.

PLEASE HELP!! I need opinions!!

The apprenticeship idea is good, as you will still gain the qualifications, but you will have a job- which can be hard to find at the moment. You cant guarantee you will be able to find a job after college etc if you do the college course. You will also gain the experience, which employers seem to want nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending