The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Because thats illegal.

Although when has illegal proceedings stopped roman.

What about in, lets say, Spain or Germany?
Schurrle my boy winning the world cup for Germany. Going to boss it next season. Expecting 20 goals from him.
Original post by jam278
Because thats illegal.

Although when has illegal proceedings stopped roman.

Not gonna lie I lol'd IRL there. Man who exploits the collapse of the Soviet Union for multi-billions in oil money and causes the suicide of his former business partner is not willing to attempt to circumvent the rules of English lower league football to get Chelsea players in a B team.
Original post by Pete_91
Not gonna lie I lol'd IRL there. Man who exploits the collapse of the Soviet Union for multi-billions in oil money and causes the suicide of his former business partner is not willing to attempt to circumvent the rules of English lower league football to get Chelsea players in a B team.

Minor, I'd have done the same if I was in Romans position anyway. **** having to be a wage slave to pay off one average house over your whole working career when you can buy 3 mansions outright.
Original post by jam278
Minor, I'd have done the same if I was in Romans position anyway. **** having to be a wage slave to pay off one average house over your whole working career when you can buy 3 mansions outright.

Nah these people are the scum of the earth, parasitic criminals.

RA and the rest deserve to be lined up against a wall vs a firing squad in all honesty.
Original post by Zürich
Nah these people are the scum of the earth, parasitic criminals.

RA and the rest deserve to be lined up against a wall vs a firing squad in all honesty.

Lets bomb all of white america while we're at it considering how they made the USA the most powerful country in the world then? They're founded on more blood money than Roman Abramovich could ever imagine.

Way I see it is that the world is full of winners and losers. For there to be winners, there has to be losers. Tough luck.

That's not to say I agree with it inherently, just that with the way the world works if I had the chance to do what Abramovich has done and get off without too many problems I'd have taken it. **** being broke for the sake of a bit of morality.
Original post by jam278
Schurrle my boy winning the world cup for Germany. Going to boss it next season. Expecting 20 goals from him.

looking forward to seeing how he does tbf. Might be needed in terms of our attack because I can see Oscar/Willian struggling a bit.

If Vidal looks to move to United we should hijack that bid and just have Cesc as a #10.

I forgot about salah as well, ****. Why did we get him? 15m :confused:
Original post by The Assassin
looking forward to seeing how he does tbf. Might be needed in terms of our attack because I can see Oscar/Willian struggling a bit.

If Vidal looks to move to United we should hijack that bid and just have Cesc as a #10.

I forgot about salah as well, ****. Why did we get him? 15m :confused:

Yeah, seems completely pointless. How much did we sell KdB for? Should have kept him tbh and not bothered with Salah.
Reply 788
Original post by Nichrome
Yeah, seems completely pointless. How much did we sell KdB for? Should have kept him tbh and not bothered with Salah.

Na you got £25 million for him- so essentially funded the Fabregas transfer. **** man you guys have done such good business recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Na you got £25 million for him- so essentially funded the Fabregas transfer. **** man you guys have done such good business recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

euros. so about 17M pounds. Good deal imo but we should have just promoted a youngster to play the Salah role. Also don't get why we loan out Moses for a season either to buy an egyptian version of him...
Reply 790
Original post by jam278
euros. so about 17M pounds. Good deal imo but we should have just promoted a youngster to play the Salah role. Also don't get why we loan out Moses for a season either to buy an egyptian version of him...

Salah is a good squad player tbf and he fits your ethos, quick and hardworking. Moses is **** imo. I always get pissed about seeing him in that Samsung advert with Messi and Ronaldo man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Salah is a good squad player tbf and he fits your ethos, quick and hardworking. Moses is **** imo. I always get pissed about seeing him in that Samsung advert with Messi and Ronaldo man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moses is quick and hardworking too. So is Ramires.

Salah has no end product, he's a winger who's 22 years old. What is the point of having him in the team?
Reply 792
Original post by jam278

Salah has no end product, he's a winger who's 22 years old. What is the point of having him in the team?

Maybe Jose is racist?

Dunno tbh. I don't understand these things but who am I to question Jose Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

because he has speed, supposedly...

same reason why so many fans like/rate ramires as a top quality midfielder :|
Reply 794
Original post by The Assassin
because he has speed, supposedly...

same reason why so many fans like/rate ramires as a top quality midfielder :|

Oh so basically FIFA in 12 in real life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Lets bomb all of white america while we're at it considering how they made the USA the most powerful country in the world then? They're founded on more blood money than Roman Abramovich could ever imagine.

Way I see it is that the world is full of winners and losers. For there to be winners, there has to be losers. Tough luck.

That's not to say I agree with it inherently, just that with the way the world works if I had the chance to do what Abramovich has done and get off without too many problems I'd have taken it. **** being broke for the sake of a bit of morality.

No, this is sloppy logic. You can't just sweep everything Abramovich has done under the rug simply because life is tough.

People aren't capable of having this type of debate with Chelsea fans because they wish to remain ill-informed, and they're more concerned about praising Roman for superficial things like a few wins here and there or a European cup. Its no longer your club. Roman runs **** around here now irrespective of your feelings, principles and morals.

At the very least you and other Chelsea fans should at least try and educate yourselves on what Roman Abramovich has done and why he is universally regarded as corrupt in moral, political and financial terms. Look up how Roman ****ed over tens of millions of Russian taxpayers, bankrupted businesses, his doings in Chukhotka, etc. Study Russia and the scale of poverty they have over there. It isn't nice. Inform yourself so you simply don't praise him for turning Chelsea from a nothing club to a club that challenges for trophies.

People like you who think politics is politics and football is football are the reason why ticket prices are rising, why clubs like Portsmouth have become bankrupt, why Russia/Qatar get to host the world cup and why fans are feeling more disconnected with their clubs. You allow, with no good reason, a Russian oligarch to mystify his corrupt persona by using your football club as a way of legitimizing his reputation in his own country.

You are, like most other Chelsea fans, weak-minded and naive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 796
Original post by little_tom

I basically agreed with everything you said until you chucked this in. What was the need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by little_tom
No, this is sloppy logic. You can't just sweep everything Abramovich has done under the rug simply because life is tough.

People aren't capable of having this type of debate with Chelsea fans because they wish to remain ill-informed, and they're more concerned about praising Roman for superficial things like a few wins here and there or a European cup. Its no longer your club. Roman runs **** around here now irrespective of how you feelings, principles and morals.

At the very least you and other Chelsea fans should at least try and educate yourselves on what Roman Abramovich has done and why he is universally regarded as corrupt in moral, political and financial terms. Look up how Roman ****ed over tens of millions of Russian taxpayers, bankrupted businesses, his doings in Chukhotka, etc. Study Russia and the scale of poverty they have over there. It isn't nice. Inform yourself so you simply don't praise him from turning Chelsea from a nothing club to a club that challenges for trophies.

People like you who think politics is politics and football is football are the reason why ticket prices are rising, why clubs like Portsmouth have become bankrupt, why Russia/Qatar get to host the world cup and why fans are feeling more disconnected with their clubs. You allow, with no good reason, a Russian oligarch to mystify his corrupt persona by using your football club as a way of legitimizing his reputation in his own country.

When did I say I praised Abramovich?

I know what he's done to the russian people. I know what america have done to black people. So lets bomb america while we're at it. Because Zurich said you should get a firing squad on abramovich, so that means that he'd agree to bomb every white country that thought it was a good idea to get us to go and build their countries from scratch and pick up their cotton. Much worse than anything Abramovich has done.

You're projecting an image onto me and it's quite annoying tbh. It's naive to think that the world will become a fairy tale and the bad guys will lose out in the end because that never happens. If that's the case, America would have more red indians because their ancestors didn't die from manufactured smallpox and they wouldn't essentially rule half the world at this moment.

Do you wear nike or any sweatshop manifactured clothes? Do you buy non fairtrade food etc. I dislike your holier than thou attitude and I'm going to leave it at that. I won't reply to you about this topic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
When did I say I praised Abramovich?

I know what he's done to the russian people. I know what america have done to black people. So lets bomb america while we're at it. Because Zurich said you should get a firing squad on abramovich, so that means that he'd agree to bomb every white country that thought it was a good idea to get us to go and build their countries from scratch and pick up their cotton. Much worse than anything Abramovich has done.

You're projecting an image onto me and it's quite annoying tbh. It's naive to think that the world will become a fairy tale and the bad guys will lose out in the end because that never happens. If that's the case, America would have more red indians because their ancestors didn't die from manufactured smallpox and they wouldn't essentially rule half the world at this moment.

Do you wear nike or any sweatshop manifactured clothes? Do you buy non fairtrade food etc. I dislike your holier than thou attitude and I'm going to leave it at that. I won't reply to you about this topic.

You said you would do the same as Abramovich. So quite clearly you haven't read up on his doings as much as you think you have, or you don't understand the scale of his wrongdoings, and this is equally annoying. I hate ill-informed people.

American imperialism, European imperialism, white supremacism, etc. are all things that have been done collectively through democratic/dictatorial institutions throughout history and can not be watered down to a single individual. Abramovich's actions are on the other hand consequences of an individual (and at times a handful of other Russian oligarchs). These two things are not comparable and once again its sloppy logic.

The bold bit is the predictable response you would get from a Chelsea fan. Can't debate Abramovich's past without excuses, apologism or straw-manning. One can only imagine how far the debate would go if you didn't resort to such nonsense.

The denial is strong.

Latest