The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

never_get_up
So what you mean is the pictures of the college??? try Google in the Image section!! I'm sure John is beautiful enough to have its pictures posted in there!!

Nevermind :rolleyes:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Actually...a rather sad tale but if you google image st. john's the majority of pictures of the students come from a Bridge Society formal. Let's just say bridge doesn't attract the most aesthetically pleasing characters.

Mmm fitness.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/bridge/results/2003-04/dinner0304.html
bazzasballs
Actually...a rather sad tale but if you google image st. john's the majority of pictures of the students come from a Bridge Society formal. Let's just say bridge doesn't attract the most aesthetically pleasing characters.

Mmm fitness.

I would.
Ditting Suck
I would.

All of them?!
Well fresher's week is infamous for mistakes... especially in the bedroom!
Alot of ugly drunken sex is heading your way kids!
Enjoy!
Reply 44
bazzasballs

Mmm fitness.

Umm... that's the University Bridge Society. I don't recognise anyone in the photos - no doubt they held their dinner in Johns because it's the best college. :wink:
Reply 45
Hey guys! I'm going to Johns too for medicine, so see you all on the 26th! Hey again steve - did you get into New for clinical?
Reply 46
Just while we're on the topic of medics, what is this Hippocratic oath thing that medics have to swear?
It's a modified version of the oath that Hippocrates wrote (though this has been questioned), for the physicians in his school to abide by. Basically, it is a 'code of conduct'

There is tons about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_oath
Reply 48
Yep.... and to make things even more exciting. The BMAT test used to assess the abilities of all the medics applying had a big essay question on it. oh the fun *weeps*
Reply 49
Markjay
Hey guys! I'm going to Johns too for medicine, so see you all on the 26th! Hey again steve - did you get into New for clinical?

Hey Mark! Yeah, I got into New. I'm going up to Oxford on Saturday, in fact, and lectures start on Monday. Tbh, it's a bit daunting to be about to embark on clinicals, but even more so to have to start cooking for myself. :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it's possible to live off pizza and microwave meals, but I'll let you know...

Markjay
Yep.... and to make things even more exciting. The BMAT test used to assess the abilities of all the medics applying had a big essay question on it. oh the fun *weeps*

Haha, but you got in, so it's all good. When I took the BMAT I decided to do the maths question instead of the biology essay (they've probably got rid of this option by now) and I think I quite possibly made a hash of it, since it seemed too simple to be true and my answer was "a straight line". :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wait, I did the MVAT rather than the BMAT, but I think it's basically the same.
Except MVAT was a far cooler acronym.
Reply 51
Ditting Suck
Except MVAT was a far cooler acronym.
Oh, couldn't agree more. :wink:
Reply 52
<sings> Oh we'd rather.....................ahem ahem...:p:
YAY! My Fresher's Pack just came! Looks like there's loads of stuff. The bad news? My room rent is £942 for the first term, and I asked for the cheap rooms! :frown:
Reply 54
My rent is £962. Do you have a set or a bedsit?

There's so much stuff in this Fresher's pack
Reply 55
How much does that work out to per week? I forget how many weeks you're actually paying for.
Reply 56
That's per term, so it's either £96 or £120 depending on if it's for 8 or 10 weeks (I'm not sure which it is)
Stevo: I think it's 10 weeks, so a shade under £100 a week.

Aired: I asked for a bedsit, but I'm not sure what I've got. What about you? I thought mine would be cheaper than that, I must admit. Oh well :frown:

Yep, there's a lot of crap. I've only read the student guides so far. It seems like there is LOADS of adminny stuff for us to sort out.
Reply 58
Mine's a set

Which staircase are you on?
Reply 59
Oh well, just be thankful you're not at Pembroke, Oxford - they charge £100-£170 per week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending