The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Ahaha 3 weeks for me, Turkish mail men suck at this honestly.. you can always call to ask though=)

Im partying - though on new years, we dont really celebrate Christmas -
merry christmas and happy new years to all of you though!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 781
Senem_09
Ahaha 3 weeks for me, Turkish mail men suck at this honestly.. you can always call to ask though=)

Im partying - though on new years, we dont really celebrate Christmas -
merry christmas and happy new years to all of you though!

are you sure you can call?

on the st.john's website it sais that we should wait to get the letter, and that no phone calls or e-mails about outcome can be made.
Reply 782
oh and @Isometrix: you are swiss, too? :O
Yasmin18
oh and @Isometrix: you are swiss, too? :O

lol no, i just represent the swiss confederation in the model united nations :smile:
Reply 784
Isometrix
lol no, i just represent the swiss confederation in the model united nations :smile:

ooo, good choice :wink:

haha no no just kidding, no patriotism in here :p:
Reply 785
Yasmin18
are you sure you can call?

on the st.john's website it sais that we should wait to get the letter, and that no phone calls or e-mails about outcome can be made.

well they let us call for the interviews, and someone told me on this thread earlier that you could call - what if your mail gets lost for example?
some people here open the mails for fun too, you never know -
maybe they mean that you cant learn the outcome that way before the date that they actually send out all the mail?
anyway my mail will probably get lost, so i think ill call them up anyway
Reply 786
"Applicants are advised in writing of the outcome of their application to St John's. We are unable to advise the outcome via email or telephone."

that's what is sais on the admission site of st.john's, so I dont think there is anything else you can do than wait (unless it doesnt arrive till late january of course)
Reply 787
Yasmin18
"Applicants are advised in writing of the outcome of their application to St John's. We are unable to advise the outcome via email or telephone."

QUOTE]

ah that does suck -
shouldnt they also update it on UCAS track though?
Reply 788
[QUOTE="Senem_09"]
Yasmin18

QUOTE]

ah that does suck -
shouldnt they also update it on UCAS track though?

yeah I know :frown: It takes far longer for switzerland, too.
and Im afraid but I dont think UCAS will update anytime soon from what Ive heard on TSR... so there really is nothing else than waiting I suppose.

at least we can wait together :biggrin: haha
Btw , just wanting to reassure myself that i'm not the only one, is there anyone else out there who every single day seems to remember someting else he said at the interview that seemed either dumb, irrelevant, a mistake or too simplistic? Or something he/she should've said?
Reply 790
qwailobouleh
Btw , just wanting to reassure myself that i'm not the only one, is there anyone else out there who every single day seems to remember someting else he said at the interview that seemed either dumb, irrelevant, a mistake or too simplistic?

absolutely. even more so I think about things I have forgotten to mention which would have been really vital :/
I really just try to not think about it at all anymore. It won't help.
havent you gone on holidays btw?
qwailobouleh
Btw , just wanting to reassure myself that i'm not the only one, is there anyone else out there who every single day seems to remember someting else he said at the interview that seemed either dumb, irrelevant, a mistake or too simplistic? Or something he/she should've said?

me.
every single day. i wish i could do it again :frown:
Reply 792
Isometrix
me.
every single day. i wish i could do it again :frown:

:console: don't worry, me too.

we shall soon find out - and remember, many say that if one thinks it went bad, it often turns out well :yep:
This wait is actually driving me insane, I can't do any of my holiday work!
I couldn't seem to see any other MML-ers around. Do you exist?

Hope everyone has a good New Year,
Yasmin18
:console: don't worry, me too.

we shall soon find out - and remember, many say that if one thinks it went bad, it often turns out well :yep:

that's true, but for me when it goes bad...it goes really bad! lol

it was such an enchanting place. it would be a dream to go there.

3rd january will either be the best day of my life, or the worst. :smile:/:frown:
Reply 795
people. What is pennying?? All i know is that it's a tradition at st johns, involving pennys. :s Someone enlighten me!

Also.. 3 days to go :redface: I want to wish everyone all the best with their application. Hope fully the new year will bring some new found hope! x x
Reply 796
heyya :smile: only a few days and we'll knooooooow :smile: good luck everybody.

also an amazing new year to all of you :smile: I hope you had fun yesterday night.

what was everyone up to?
Sahds
people. What is pennying?? All i know is that it's a tradition at st johns, involving pennys. :s Someone enlighten me!

Pennying is just a drinking game where basically you have to try and slip a penny into someone's drink without them noticing, in the aim of getting them as drunk as possible. I assume it is roughly the same at Johns.

EDIT: just seen the wiki link above, which explains it much better
Isometrix

that's true, but for me when it goes bad...it goes really bad! lol

it was such an enchanting place. it would be a dream to go there.

3rd january will either be the best day of my life, or the worst. :smile:/:frown:

Do you know for sure that it's Saturday (3rd)? I heard it could possibly be Friday (2nd) i.e. TOMORROW! :eek:
Reply 799
*languagelover*
Do you know for sure that it's Saturday (3rd)? I heard it could possibly be Friday (2nd) i.e. TOMORROW! :eek:

I think they post them tomorrow, which means you'll hear 3rd or 5th.
I dont think it's very likely that they worked today and brought them to the post, or do you think they will email?
cause on the admission site of st.johns it sais explicitly they do not email or phone people.

so as much as Id like it to be tomorrow, I highly doubt it.

Edit: you really brought back my hopes again though :p: haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending