The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Dirac Delta Function
First door on the left past Trinity. If that fails, sneak in the back via New Court.

(Why won't it let me post images in this forum? D: )
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 981
Yoshua
Just curious! If you are please chat with me here.

I am - but I heard they are hard to get into!

I am, for medicine! What are you applying for? =]
Reply 982
Dirac Delta Function
First door on the left past Trinity. If that fails, sneak in the back via New Court.

:biggrin: :yes:

I love it very witty! :wink:

I'm actually applying for Law and come from Scotland, so I have 5 A's at Higher Level and am this year studying 3 Advanced Highers in English, History and Drama - for all of which I am predicted A's.
Kytiane
I am, for medicine! What are you applying for? =]

What was your results?:smile:
Reply 984
Sageevan
What was your results?:smile:

GCSE: 10A*s 4 As
AS: AAAb (2 UMS marks off an A! Getting it remarked, hopefully should go up >.< )
A2 predictions: 3 A*s

I'm hoping Cambridge won't mind the B in French so much seeing as it's the AS I've dropped... :yes:

I take it you're applying for Medicine at St. John's as well?
Reply 985
Kytiane
AS: AAAb (2 UMS marks off an A! Getting it remarked, hopefully should go up >.<)

I'm hoping Cambridge won't mind the B in French so much seeing as it's the AS I've dropped... :yes:

A great set of results Kytiane!

As for myself I'm hoping Cambridge won't take into consideration my Intermediates. I may have got Five A's at Higher but the previous year wasn't so good! Enough said :rolleyes:

So what attracted you too St Johns?
Reply 986
Yoshua
A great set of results Kytiane!

As for myself I'm hoping Cambridge won't take into consideration my Intermediates. I may have got Five A's at Higher but the previous year wasn't so good! Enough said :rolleyes:

So what attracted you too St Johns?

Thank you very much! I don't know much about the Scottish system but it looks like you did pretty well and are on track for good results this year too :biggrin:

Well I went to the Cambridge Open Day in July and went on a tour around St. John's, and it just blew me away really. I love the traditional aspect of it, the grounds, the fact that you can get a 3 course silver-served meal in an old dining hall for £4 and the fact that the first year rooms are bigger than mine! :woo: Was actually going to ask you the same question xD So, same to you - what made you choose St. Johns over the other colleges?
Kytiane
AS: AAAb (2 UMS marks off an A! Getting it remarked, hopefully should go up >.< )

What were your subjests and their ums?:smile:
Reply 988
Kytiane
Thank you very much! I don't know much about the Scottish system but it looks like you did pretty well and are on track for good results this year too :biggrin:

Well I went to the Cambridge Open Day in July and went on a tour around St. John's, and it just blew me away really. I love the traditional aspect of it, the grounds, the fact that you can get a 3 course silver-served meal in an old dining hall for £4 and the fact that the first year rooms are bigger than mine! :woo: Was actually going to ask you the same question xD So, same to you - what made you choose St. Johns over the other colleges?

Oh were to begin Kytiane!

Well, same as you, I adored the beautiful architecture and the size of the rooms. Secondly I loved all the different societies you could become part of - there is even a "Caledonian Society" for Scots and those who like Scottish culture, would you believe it! Then there's the history. So many amazingly inpsiring people graduated from St Johns. For example William Wilberforce, who got both the slave trade and slavery banned in the British Empire! Then there's the really famous May Ball! And the 3 course meals for £4! And then there's just such a great atmosphere and the library is one of the best at Cambridge and...and well I could go on but I'm probably boring you to death! :yes: :biggrin:
Reply 989
Sageevan
What were your subjests and their ums?:smile:

Er...

Biology - 242/300 (retaking a unit so this should hopefully be higher xD; )
Chemistry - 272/300
Maths - 266/300
French - 158/200
Reply 990
BTW Kytiane - have you completed the SAQ yet?

I'm still deliberting over the Additional Personal Statement :confused:
Reply 991
Yoshua
Oh were to begin Kytiane!

Well, same as you, I adored the beautiful architecture and the size of the rooms. Secondly I loved all the different societies you could become part of - there is even a "Caledonian Society" for Scots and those who like Scottish culture, would you believe it! Then there's the history. So many amazingly inpsiring people graduated from St Johns. For example William Wilberforce, who got both the slave trade and slavery banned in the British Empire! Then there's the really famous May Ball! And the 3 course meals for £4! And then there's just such a great atmosphere and the library is one of the best at Cambridge and...and well I could go on but I'm probably boring you to death! :yes: :biggrin:

Yes! The May Ball!

Not at all, you're talking about all the things I love about St. John's :biggrin: It's been quite hard for me, actually, because one of my friends is also applying for medicine at St. Johns and our UCAS referee has recommended that one of us should change the college, as it sort of puts direct competition between us. Apparently roughly 95 medics apply there, but only 17 get a place, so it's pretty competitive :frown: So we've been debating for weeks over who should stick with St. John's and who should change. I managed to win though >D Did you look at any other colleges or just immediately decide that St Johns was for you?
Reply 992
Kytiane
Yes! The May Ball!

Not at all, you're talking about all the things I love about St. John's :biggrin: It's been quite hard for me, actually, because one of my friends is also applying for medicine at St. Johns and our UCAS referee has recommended that one of us should change the college, as it sort of puts direct competition between us. Apparently roughly 95 medics apply there, but only 17 get a place, so it's pretty competitive :frown: So we've been debating for weeks over who should stick with St. John's and who should change. I managed to win though >D Did you look at any other colleges or just immediately decide that St Johns was for you?

Well I had an instant love for St Johns as soon as I first heard of it but I also researched just about every other College too make sure. And well - my first impressions were correct, its the best in my pov! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 993
Hi Ghosh!

Are you applying to St Johns too then?
st john's natsci...14 tennis courts here i come (well, if i get in that is)
Reply 995
st johns architecture, they're taking 3-4 architects :biggrin: so yea... finger crossed ...
Reply 996
DevilsJackass
st john's natsci...14 tennis courts here i come (well, if i get in that is)

Hopefully I'll be there playing with you friend! :smile:
Reply 997
SSze
st johns architecture, they're taking 3-4 architects :biggrin: so yea... finger crossed ...

Good Luck SSze! :yes: I never thought before - that's such a great place to study architecture!
Reply 998
Yoshua
Good Luck SSze! :yes: I never thought before - that's such a great place to study architecture!

oh thanks! you too! :biggrin:
yes indeedy, I'm re-applying, btw
Reply 999
Do you think you'll get the offer :eek3:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending