The Student Room Group

College refusing to register me with student finance

I have 15 days before i hand in my dissertation and still no student finance. Turns out my college will not register me as the college says i have been awarded the wrong amount. Is there anything i can do this has been going on since April , no money and really upset.
Should add i am a mature student with children so has issues with my rent .
Any help appreciated wendy
Original post by wendybailey
I have 15 days before i hand in my dissertation and still no student finance. Turns out my college will not register me as the college says i have been awarded the wrong amount. Is there anything i can do this has been going on since April , no money and really upset.
Should add i am a mature student with children so has issues with my rent .
Any help appreciated wendy

This would be something to do with the tuition fee's amount. Are you sure you've been awarded the correct amount for tuition fee's? Have you spoken to SFE?
Reply 2
Turns out my college will not register me as the college says i have been awarded the wrong amount. Is there anything i can do

I'd get the college to explain exactly why they think you have been awarded the wrong amount. Before you go any further, you need to understand exactly what the college thinks is a problem and why. Then do as Knalchemist suggests, and phone Student Finance to find out their view and see if they can help resolve the problem.

It's possible that the college has misunderstood your circumstances or the info they've had from SF.
Reply 3
I phoned SFE who have said it is the college saying the tuition amount is wrong, its to high. I am only taking the summer term as i was very ill last year and had to defer my dissertation.
My college has said hopefully it should be sorted out by the end of next week.
Reply 4
That sounds more hopeful. At least people are working to resolve it now. Good luck!
I phoned SFE who have said it is the college saying the tuition amount is wrong, its to high. I am only taking the summer term as i was very ill last year and had to defer my dissertation.
My college has said hopefully it should be sorted out by the end of next week.

That is good! At least you now have some answers. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending