The Student Room Group

What was your BEST and WORST exam this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
I feel exactly the same haha! :redface: I'm so annoyed at myself, I had the potential to do well and I threw it away. Let's hope we'll both be okay :frown: Which questions did you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, I was to A/A* this exam.

For the first one I did The Bloody Chamber sex and violence one and the second one I did 'Gothic writing is exciting because it allows readers to think the unthinkable' or something like that. What about you, and what books did you do?
Original post by GuanyinBuddha
I know right, I was to A/A* this exam.

For the first one I did The Bloody Chamber sex and violence one and the second one I did 'Gothic writing is exciting because it allows readers to think the unthinkable' or something like that. What about you, and what books did you do?

Same :frown:

I did that one too, and stupidly, I only knew a few of the texts well so I wrote about The Bloody Chamber, then wrote a load of rubbish about a couple more texts; they didn't fit very well and it was very forced. I guess it serves me right. Ah cool, I did the one about whether or not human beings are naturally inclined to be evil rather than good! Well obviously TBC, and then Macbeth and Wuthering Heights. You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best would be economics unit 3 Edexcel, worst would be M3 Edexcel.
Same :frown:

I did that one too, and stupidly, I only knew a few of the texts well so I wrote about The Bloody Chamber, then wrote a load of rubbish about a couple more texts; they didn't fit very well and it was very forced. I guess it serves me right. Ah cool, I did the one about whether or not human beings are naturally inclined to be evil rather than good! Well obviously TBC, and then Macbeth and Wuthering Heights. You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same books, The Bloody Chamber itself was a great text, it's packed full of both, I also referenced Snow Child and Lady in the House of Love. I was going to do that question about inclined to evil, but I was also lacking in some TBC texts and I didn't want to reuse my points lol.

For 'think the unthinkable' would you say that for a modern feminist critic it is 'unthinkable' that Catherine is entrapped in a society where she must abide by social expectations? Despite her attempts to escape, her wild and flinty nature is destroyed by her social class. I'm so worried because now that I think about it, it's not THAT unthinkable lol.
Best: Edexcel Biology Unit 1: Despite some weird as hell questions I managed to answer all the questions so I was happy about that!

Worst: By far S1 OCR Maths. Left the hall to throw up after 10 minutes. It is almost certain I have a grand total of 3 UMS marks for that exam (which is great for the B predicted grade I need for next year minimum!)
Gcse c2 was best and worst was gcse b1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Best: Spanish unit 2 and Maths C1; I can´t decide which one was better but both went amazing
Worst: Maths M1! It was probably the worst paper I've ever done, I would be surprised If I even pass the paper LOL
P.S. both were Edexcel.
I did the same books, The Bloody Chamber itself was a great text, it's packed full of both, I also referenced Snow Child and Lady in the House of Love. I was going to do that question about inclined to evil, but I was also lacking in some TBC texts and I didn't want to reuse my points lol.

For 'think the unthinkable' would you say that for a modern feminist critic it is 'unthinkable' that Catherine is entrapped in a society where she must abide by social expectations? Despite her attempts to escape, her wild and flinty nature is destroyed by her social class. I'm so worried because now that I think about it, it's not THAT unthinkable lol.

Precisely :smile: yeah I briefly mentioned those ones too :smile: that's understandable, for 21 I just wrote about the Marquis in TBC, then about the Count and Countess in The Snow Child! Then I wrote about Hindley and Heathcliff for WH.

I actually think that's a very intelligent interpretation, as long as you backed up your opinion, which it sounds like you did, they'll be impressed :smile: no need to worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that my exams actually all went really well. I thought some of them would go terrible but none of them really did. My best exam was probably history as I knew everything that came up and nothing that I wasn't that great on came up in the exam. My worst exam was probably French though because I felt so ill that day and I'm so bad at French in general.
Precisely :smile: yeah I briefly mentioned those ones too :smile: that's understandable, for 21 I just wrote about the Marquis in TBC, then about the Count and Countess in The Snow Child! Then I wrote about Hindley and Heathcliff for WH.

I actually think that's a very intelligent interpretation, as long as you backed up your opinion, which it sounds like you did, they'll be impressed :smile: no need to worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then by the looks of it, I guess we didn't do that bad haha, I'm assuming your coursework was also top notch so I'm sure you can still get A/A* overall!!
Original post by MangoFreak
Best, probably C1, S1, and Physics Unit 1 (I think I could have 100% on all of those).

Worst was most certainly C2 and FP1 (ignoring Latin Literature, for which I probably got 10 out of 100 marks).

You carried on with Latin! :lol: I guess that language is dead to you now!
Then by the looks of it, I guess we didn't do that bad haha, I'm assuming your coursework was also top notch so I'm sure you can still get A/A* overall!!

Well I'm still convinced I got about 10/40 on the first, didn't fulfil the AOs enough :lol: I'm sure you'll get your A/A* :biggrin: no idea about my coursework mark but I know it's lower than what I wanted :sad: anyway, no point crying over it when I have two more exams to focus on! :tongue:
Reply 92
i haven't finished all my exams yet haha but so far my best was Maths: C2 and my worst was English lang & lit unit 3
F585 Global Economics has been my best exam so far

FP2 Edexcel has been my worst exam so far.

Considering I'm a mathematician I am pretty mind****ed that I messed up FP2, ah well **** happens
Well I'm still convinced I got about 10/40 on the first, didn't fulfil the AOs enough :lol: I'm sure you'll get your A/A* :biggrin: no idea about my coursework mark but I know it's lower than what I wanted :sad: anyway, no point crying over it when I have two more exams to focus on! :tongue:

Haha best of luck!! I'm sure you'll do fine, be happy you don't have 5 more like I do ;'(
Original post by thatitootoo
You carried on with Latin! :lol: I guess that language is dead to you now!

Doing 7 AS Levels, it was low on my list of priorities. I still like the language (and I did fine in the Language exam), it's just the literature :lol:
All of them absolutely awful, I can think of one major mistake I made in each one - absolutely dreading results day and facing the prospect of missing out on my offer from Durham :frown:
Original post by MangoFreak
Doing 7 AS Levels, it was low on my list of priorities. I still like the language (and I did fine in the Language exam), it's just the literature :lol:

HOLY **** you really weren't kidding when you said you would do 7 AS-Levels! :zomg:

Is it a 50/50 split? The grade curve for Latin should be encouraging to look at! 70% got an A or higher last year :redface:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142194-provisional-exam-statistics-june-2013.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Best: C1, PH1, Chem Unit 1
Worst: Edexcel Chem Unit 2 or PH3 WJEC Physics practical
Best c1 and worse m1/physics.

Quick Reply

Latest