The Student Room Group

Do people actually use door stoppers for freshers week?

Scroll to see replies

We all still use ours. It's not a great idea if you want to get on with work without being distracted :tongue: but it was much easier getting to know people in the first few weeks with all the doors open.

We also have mini whiteboards on our bedroom doors, which we use to tell people where we are or just leave messages for each other.
We used to leave our doors open in our flat in first year so everyone knew we were in :smile:

I generally had my door open anyway as I liked my flatmates popping in to say hello every now and then.... but everyone's different! You'll set your own rules as a flat/house share and things will change as the year continues.
Reply 22
It is great just to be able to talk to others when your a bit bored. Definitely take a door stop and leave you door open when you are in over freshers week to get to know your flatmates and throughout the year to not miss out.
I think we tried at my uni but got told off because they were fire doors and weren't allowed to be propped open for safety reasons.

Luckily i'm fairly antisocial anyway so it worked out great.
Reply 24
Original post by Mad Vlad
If I lived in halls, I would have used a door stop. On the inside of the door, to stop people opening it. :colonhash:

Lol :tongue:
Reply 25
my floor did, but downstairs didn't because the only girl that was sociable and that we liked always came upstairs.

we used them all year as well, not just freshers week, because our doors automatically shut and locked so it was the easiest way to let people know we were in.

we used a traffic cone to keep our hallway door open (also automatically shut and locked), although when the accommodation office took it we used our hoover.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending