The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffiled night life

I've heard Monday is one of the student nights in sheffield? Will it be busy on a Monday and are drinks cheap? Where's the best places to go?
Reply 1
I'm a Hallam student so I know nothing about what nights are held at the Uni of Sheffield students union but in the city as a whole Mondays are pretty quiet. I'll post a summary of the most popular nights out below:

Monday - Shagged at Leadmill. Never been but the drinks are advertised as cheap (80p vodka and coke)

Corporation (corp)
play metal on a monday although less alternative music in other rooms (70p vodka and mixer, £2.10 blue pints [triple vodka and blue mixer])

Tuesday
- Spanked at plug. Fairly popular night, £2.20 double vodka and mixer.

Wednesday
- School disco at corp, more mainstream and messier than other Corp nights (70p vodka and mixer, £2.10 blue pints [triple vodka and blue mixer])

Thursday
- Carver street block party across multiple venues. £2.80 double vodka and mixer among other drinks offers, one wristband gains entry to all venues.

Jump around at Plug with drinks offers similarly priced to Tuesdays at plug

Friday
- Fridays at corp, more pop rock than Mondays in the main room (70p vodka and mixer, £2.10 blue pints [triple vodka and blue mixer])

Propaganda at Plug for indie and student anthems.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Leadmill I think is also fairly popular on Friday as well (indie). Probably the only option I can think of for Mondays, maybe DQ?

Tuesday Club - not sure where this is at right now, does it rotate? Usually some live act anyway, quite popular.

University specific - ROAR is on at the union on Wednesday, largely the sport night but generally a good night regardless if you're in with a sport team or not. Lots of sport societies organise their socials around this. Most other people go to corp more often in preference.

Pop Tarts is a Saturday night at the union - cheesy pop, good fun.

Space on a Friday at the union, never actually been to that so I can't tell you too much.

Climax - LGBT night at the union, it rotates with Shef Hallam every other time (once a month?), really good night
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Ok, so here's the list I've got! :smile:

Mondays

Drop - at DQ

Tuesdays

Tuesday Club - at Sheffield Uni SU

Spanked - at Plug

Wednesdays

Roar - at Sheffield Uni SU

Skool Disco - at Corp

Thursdays

Jump Around - at Plug

Carver Street Block Party - on Carver Street

Fridays

Propaganda - at Plug

Drop - at Corp

Saturdays

Pop Tarts - at Sheffield Uni SU

By all means that list is not comprehensive and those are just the nights I go to! It's worth checking what nights Leadmill have and I know Sheffield UNi SU have something on every night bar Sunday and Monday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending