The Student Room Group

F212 mark scheme unoffical

Does anyone have it?
Reply 1
Original post by games211
Does anyone have it?

I'm sure they formulated one on a thread somewhere, but it's completely counter-intuitive; looking at the mark scheme now is just silly since you've done the paper, and you'll get what you get, don't freak yourself out by dwelling on it?

My advice is wait until August and then look for the mark scheme to see where you went wrong (particularly important if you're going to resit it), but if not then put your energy into revising for A2. It may seem strange, but even if you get a C (60 UMS) you can still get an A* (you'd need 100 UMS at A2, but it's FAR from impossible), so just relax.

Breathe and let F212 disappear into the distance, for now atleast :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Eskyy
I'm sure they formulated one on a thread somewhere, but it's completely counter-intuitive; looking at the mark scheme now is just silly since you've done the paper, and you'll get what you get, don't freak yourself out by dwelling on it?

My advice is wait until August and then look for the mark scheme to see where you went wrong (particularly important if you're going to resit it), but if not then put your energy into revising for A2. It may seem strange, but even if you get a C (60 UMS) you can still get an A* (you'd need 100 UMS at A2, but it's FAR from impossible), so just relax.

Breathe and let F212 disappear into the distance, for now atleast :smile:

thank you :smile:

I found it so hard, that I ran out of time for the last two questions :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by games211
thank you :smile:

I found it so hard, that I ran out of time for the last two questions :frown:

Same actually, I remember a question about how changing reaction conditions would affect the product made or something? I think it was with propan-1-ol or maybe -2-ol but I put, generally, about the oxidation with Acidified Potassium Dichromate of primary/secondary to form aldehyde/ketone but for primary you need to distil immediately but you can reflux to get a carboxylic acid? I thought that propan-1-ol and 2-ol were both secondary since they have C-C-C but they're not, one's a primary and one's secondary; which I stupidly forgot.

So hopefully, I'll get some marks for generally speaking about what happens? I'm really hoping for a B this year, but even if I do get a C then it's not the end of the world, so I probably am just as anxious as you, but I've got two exams left (Core 3 and Core 4) so there's no time! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest