The Student Room Group

Would exam board accept "typo error" as a reason for changing marks?

It was open awards. I got 32, and the pass mark is 36; however, I screen recorded the whole test and it looks like I made 3 typo errors. Some of the errors were from me miswriting the provided data into the calculator, but the method is correct, so had I not miswrote one number In 3 different questions I would've got 4 more marks. Can't afford to loose the money though if the appeal flops.

I also have dyslexia, but would they give a ****!
Original post by momog
It was open awards. I got 32, and the pass mark is 36; however, I screen recorded the whole test and it looks like I made 3 typo errors. Some of the errors were from me miswriting the provided data into the calculator, but the method is correct, so had I not miswrote one number In 3 different questions I would've got 4 more marks. Can't afford to loose the money though if the appeal flops.

I also have dyslexia, but would they give a ****!

Most mark schemes will award partial marks for the correct method being used even if the actual answer is incorrect (due to mistyping something into a calculator, for example).

Have you checked the mark scheme for these questions to see how it handles this situation? And have you compared the mark you have been awarded for the relevant questions with the mark scheme? If the mark awarded follows the mark scheme, then you're not going to be able to squeeze any more marks out of them.

As for your dyslexia, presumably accomodations are already made for that, to ensure you aren't disadvantaged?

Quick Reply

Latest