The Student Room Group

GIRLS I need your experiences (I guess?)

Scroll to see replies

Lost mine at 16. Hurt a tonne, but didn't bleed at all. It hurt all the time with that partner, but with my new boyfriend it doesn't hurt at all, and it's not like he's small. I think it's a lot to do with nerves, obviously their size relative to yours and also position etc, for example, for me it hurts less if I'm in control, on top.
Reply 21
I bled a little bit and it didn't hurt as much as i had been afraid of. Ask him to be gentle and slowly, it helps a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost mine at 18, hurt so much, I swore that childbirth must be a cruel myth from the devil himself!
I bled a lot for couple of days after. It was pretty awkward since we were both virgins, but it was fun exploring new territories, best advice is to push your bum into the bed (if your partner is on top) and breathe! BREATHE, you'll be grand though, just relax:excited::excited::excited::excited:
Lube, lube, lube and lots of foreplay. It does not need to hurt!!
It felt like being poked in the eye in between your legs imo....kinda ached.
Reply 25
I think a lot of pain comes from tensing up because "we" (society, people giving advise, ect) tell young women to expect it to hurt. You've got a lot of replies on here, I haven't looked at them all but my two cents is have fun; relax and try things to see what you enjoy. Make sure it's not all about vaginal penetration! And be safe. Very important.
it hurts after
You don't want to know my experience - it was ****. But I can give you some fab advice for a good first time:

Do it with someone you're really comfortable with. You're going to be naked, and so are they. Genitalia is weird looking, so choose someone you feel comfortable with and trust! This means you'll relax a lot more so you'll be less tense!

This is something I'm a bit awkward about talking about, but make sure you're turned on enough before you take the plunge. Foreplay will get you relaxed and it'll mean intercourse will probably hurt less. Plus foreplay is gr8 :cool:

If you're in a relationship with this guy, cuddle after cos its really nice and snug.

Have lots of tissue for when (or if?) things get messy.

Original post by Anonymous
It felt like being poked in the eye in between your legs imo....kinda ached.

lmao why do i find this so true... I've never thought about that before
Basically, I'm thinking of losing my virginity soon but I just wonder what the pain will be like, so I'd like to know how different people experienced it, if that makes sense? :h:

I lost mine when i was 18. I'm not even going to lie, it hurt so bad. Literally so so bad. Even the first few times after that hurt like hell. Once it stopped being painful however its great :wink: haha
I was 17 and it hurt a bit but I can't remember any bleeding. It was a lot better than I expected it to be/

Weirdly enough, it took about 8 times to actually lose it as we physically couldn't get it in - it felt like I was actually shut off/closed. I've read about it and this is common in girls who are very worried about losing their virginity.

Just relax and enjoy it. If you worry too much then that'll make it ten times worse than it should be. It'll be fine :smile:
Didn't hurt or bleed for me, but everyone's different.
Am I the only one who masturbated before I had sex? :/

OP I have this fear of pain. To avoid having a really painful first sexual experience I kind of got rid of my hymen before I actually had sex. It hurt like hell. There was a little bit of blood but, mainly, I felt really dizzy and had to lie down. It's what I expected to happen, since I often feel nauseated or sick when I experience certain types of pain. I also get this when I have injections. Had I not done that first, I can guarantee that I would have had to ask my then-boyfriend to stop the first time I had sex. When we did actually do it, it was still a bit uncomfortable the first time round but obviously less painful than it would have been.
Original post by iheartplums
Am I the only one who masturbated before I had sex? :/

OP I have this fear of pain. To avoid having a really painful first sexual experience I kind of got rid of my hymen before I actually had sex. It hurt like hell. There was a little bit of blood but, mainly, I felt really dizzy and had to lie down. It's what I expected to happen, since I often feel nauseated or sick when I experience certain types of pain. I also get this when I have injections. Had I not done that first, I can guarantee that I would have had to ask my then-boyfriend to stop the first time I had sex. When we did actually do it, it was still a bit uncomfortable the first time round but obviously less painful than it would have been.

Mind me asking, how did you get rid of your hymen?
Original post by cecillia
Mind me asking, how did you get rid of your hymen?

Using the handle end of my hairbrush when I was 15 :sigh:. Would not recommend/10.

Yes I did throw it out afterwards.
It did hurt, I'll be honest, I don't see how it couldn't haha! What you've gotta do is just tell yourself to stay calm and relaxed, when it hurts just try not to clench your muscles because obviously that's gonna make it worse. My boyfriend and I were both virgins so it was a little clumsy to begin with but as long as you're comfortable with the person, it doesn't matter. :smile: The pain should hopefully get less and less as it continues, and yeah lube is probably a good idea! As for bleeding..I didn't bleed at all.
And like others have said, do not feel obliged to carry on for his sake :wink: if it hurts, ask to stop, you don't wanna do any damage!
Basically, I'm thinking of losing my virginity soon but I just wonder what the pain will be like, so I'd like to know how different people experienced it, if that makes sense? :h:

I lost my virginity just over a month ago. I've had a few boyfriends before but my current boyfriend and I had been together for four months when we decided to have sex (still together now). He had done it before but for me it was new...it hurt. It's not unmanageable, it just takes a few times to get into it. People will scare you with stories of how much blood there is or how awkward or uncomfortable it is but if you are with the right person, there is nothing to worry about. The worst mistake I made was asking my girlfriends about it because they scared me but in reality, doing it was intimate, fun and special.

My advice would be to ease the process, so start with him fingering you (one finger, then two) just so your vagina is used to some sort of penetration (this helped me alot). It might be that after the first time you have sex it still feels a bit uncomfortable to put anything up there but each time you do it just go slowly, start with missionary and then within a few minutes you'll be into it.

Whatever you do, feel comfortable with who you do it with because it truly does make a difference. And don't worry about it or plan for it, it'll happen when it happens. It's not un-doable and you will enjoy it! :redface:
i lost mine at 18 and if i remember correctly it didnt hurt, and i didnt bleed either. But now depending on where we have sex (same partner) sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesnt for me it really depends on the time of the month for me. if im close to starting my period it hurts but if i just got off it or 3 weeks aways from getting it it does not hurt.

Quick Reply

Latest